Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've tried searching the forums alot but its so confusing theres too much to read all saying different things.

I'm going to start taking the following and I'm really confused about what kind of dosage I should take. If you could post the list below along with the RDA I should be receiving that would be great, I've got what I am thinking ( and what my containers recommned ) by the side atm.

Please, please take a little time to give your thoughts and advice to these it would mean the world to me.

I'm 16 and my acne is quite severe with regular but infrequent breakouts. And my mum says i probably have liver problems as it runs in the family.

Zinc - 38mg?

A - 10,000 IU?

B5 - 10,000 mg (10g) ?

C - 1300 mg?

B-complex B1-25mg? B2-25mg? B3-100mg? B6-25mg? b12 - 200mcg?

Garlic - 100 mg?

Starflower oil - 1400 mg?

omega 3 - 1600 mg?

Some other things that are mixed in supplements

EPA - 372 mg?

DHA - 116 mg?

D2 - 800 IU?

Folic acid - 800 mg?

biotin - 150mcg?

Calcium - 200mg?

Iodine - 300 mg?

Magnesium - 40 mg?

selenium - 140 mcg?

manganese - 4 mg?

Chromium - 240 mcg?

Molybenum - 150 mcg?

Copper - 3.25?

Thanks so much in advance

Wow don't take all those!! Go to the pinned threads on this forum. They are the ones at the top. Very good advice in there. You may also need to do some serious diet changes. Avoiding lots of inflammatory foods. Also in the pinned section. Everybody is different , what works for me may not work for you ect..Its a long personal journey to clear skin. Try something... if it doesnt work try something else. You will get there. Also I highly recommend Dans Regimen.

Basically I am taking - Starflower oil, Vitamin C, Zinc, Omega oils, Garlic and a multi vitamin supplement, is this too much? All these are meant to help acne?

Basically I am taking - Starflower oil, Vitamin C, Zinc, Omega oils, Garlic and a multi vitamin supplement, is this too much? All these are meant to help acne?

Ok, starflower oil is basically just evening primrose oil.

The Multi has C and zink but only 200mg and 18mg respectively and I assumed this would be not enough..

It's best to stick with "food based" supplements - avoid synthetics, and taking that much vitamin a is dangerous!

Since beta-carotene gets converted into vitamin A by your body, there is no reason why a person eating a reasonably healthy diet would require any extra vitamin A. The ingestion of extra vitamin A (retinyl palmatate) may be even more risky than the ingestion of supplemental beta-carotene.

There is solid research revealing that supplemental vitamin A induces calcium loss in the urine, contributing to osteoporosis. Too much vitamin A is known to be toxic to the liver, and to cause birth defects. The most common effect of toxic doses of vitamin A in animals is spontaneous fracture.

Source:

How's your diet? Why not just eat healthfully and supplement with a simple multi-vitamin to make things easier? The most powerful thing you could do for you skin is to do blended greens everyday. Please see the link in my signature about green smoothies and I hope you'll consider doing them! Lots of teenagers have cleared their skin by going to a more plant-based diet and adding blended greens into their daily diet. You'd be surprised at how easy and tasty the green smoothies are to do! A small price to pay for healthy skin - and they help to keep you healthy as well!

It's best to stick with "food based" supplements - avoid synthetics, and taking that much vitamin a is dangerous!

Since beta-carotene gets converted into vitamin A by your body, there is no reason why a person eating a reasonably healthy diet would require any extra vitamin A. The ingestion of extra vitamin A (retinyl palmatate) may be even more risky than the ingestion of supplemental beta-carotene.

There is solid research revealing that supplemental vitamin A induces calcium loss in the urine, contributing to osteoporosis. Too much vitamin A is known to be toxic to the liver, and to cause birth defects. The most common effect of toxic doses of vitamin A in animals is spontaneous fracture.

Source:

How's your diet? Why not just eat healthfully and supplement with a simple multi-vitamin to make things easier? The most powerful thing you could do for you skin is to do blended greens everyday. Please see the link in my signature about green smoothies and I hope you'll consider doing them! Lots of teenagers have cleared their skin by going to a more plant-based diet and adding blended greens into their daily diet. You'd be surprised at how easy and tasty the green smoothies are to do! A small price to pay for healthy skin - and they help to keep you healthy as well!

The ABG Fairy is right, why don't you have your mum help you make a green smoothie a day? They are really good! and you do get most of your vitamins and minerals from that alone. I'm not sure how much actually but she would know (ABG).

I'm sure your face is not that bad we always think ours is worse than everybody else. Other people have other problems, ours are just on the surface. Really look at your diet keep a log to see where you can make improvements. Sometimes its worse than we think. I was eating way to much sugar, never thought so until i had to eliminate it!

itme,

No problem. :) Sounds like you are making great improvements to your diet - you've already tackled a bit step there!! For acne sufferer's though, there are a few guidelines (got these from Dr. Joel Fuhrman):

* No more than 4-5 pieces of fruit a day

* No dried fruit

* No fruit juice

* Not too many nuts/seeds.

* No dairy

Can you cut back on the apples? Banana's are a high-sugar fruit, so maybe just half a banana a day, and if you combined it with something else, like leafy greens, that would help too.

About the wheat, wheat is a big allergy for many, and you might want to do a two week experiment in which you cut out all wheat from your diet, notice the effects, and then re-introduce it and see what happens.

Making your diet focused around vegetables would be great, and again, leafy greens are the best thing you can do for you skin, especially if they're blended cruciferous greens. I'm putting together some recipes, etc. for help getting started on a plant-based diet. PM me if you'd like them.

I agree that it's not fair that some can eat whatever they want and have perfect skin, but bchapais has a great point in that they have problems under the surface that just can't be seen.... or at least they will in the future if they keep eating whatever they want. I agree with bchapais too that our problems always look more noticeable or worse to us than to others! However, I have hope though that if you start eating a more plant-based diet with lots of cruciferous greens and veggies that you will see some great changes over the next few months. :)