Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Violet

roller questions

Does anyone know how often the 1.5mm roller is meant to be used? I use the .75 nightly and am completely healed by the next morning.

After years of working on my scars...all documented on this site, I'm nearly SCAR FREE!! It's so wonderful to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. And the best part is that I get the benifits of improved skin every day on my way to even better skin!

For the last 5 weeks I've been using the .75 mm skin roller nightly and seen dramatic improvement. I think I've kinda plateaued with it though with not much more improvement left to go before my scars are gone. Well, to me at least.

I'M READY TO USE A 1.5 MM ROLLER!!!! I KNOW ROLLING WORKS BUT I THINK I NEED TO USE THE 1.5MM TO REACH THE LEVEL THAT WILL REALLY KICK MY SCARS IN TO HEALING MODE.

Does anyone know how often the 1.5mm roller is meant to be used? I use the .75 nightly and am completely healed by the next morning. If I'm really aggressive on an area sometimes I'm a bit ruddy there the next morning but I really have to push hard and go over the area several times to get even the slightest amount of downtime the next day.

I'm figuring that I'll have to use trial and error with the 1.5mm like I did with the .75mm to just see what my body tolerates. But I know people are out there who are using one and despite my search on the site I have found no guidelines for how often to use it or what to expect as far as downtime goes.

Thank you guys for your help, once again as my skin CONTINUES TO GET BETTER thanks to heavily reliance on this site for advice, research and compassion.

After years of working on my scars...all documented on this site, I'm nearly SCAR FREE!! It's so wonderful to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. And the best part is that I get the benifits of improved skin every day on my way to even better skin!

For the last 5 weeks I've been using the .75 mm skin roller nightly and seen dramatic improvement. I think I've kinda plateaued with it though with not much more improvement left to go before my scars are gone. Well, to me at least.

I'M READY TO USE A 1.5 MM ROLLER!!!! I KNOW ROLLING WORKS BUT I THINK I NEED TO USE THE 1.5MM TO REACH THE LEVEL THAT WILL REALLY KICK MY SCARS IN TO HEALING MODE.

Does anyone know how often the 1.5mm roller is meant to be used? I use the .75 nightly and am completely healed by the next morning. If I'm really aggressive on an area sometimes I'm a bit ruddy there the next morning but I really have to push hard and go over the area several times to get even the slightest amount of downtime the next day.

I'm figuring that I'll have to use trial and error with the 1.5mm like I did with the .75mm to just see what my body tolerates. But I know people are out there who are using one and despite my search on the site I have found no guidelines for how often to use it or what to expect as far as downtime goes.

Thank you guys for your help, once again as my skin CONTINUES TO GET BETTER thanks to heavily reliance on this site for advice, research and compassion.

Violet,

I'm SO glad you're having such fantastic results. As you said, its trial and error. For me, the most frequent I've used my 1.5mm roller, is every other week. Like the .75mm roller, any redness is gone the next morning, but the Vit C serum and retin-a I apply after rolling triggers more dramatic peeling than it does with the .75mm. As for disinfecting-for me, I follow the novaderm suggestion- use roller only on myself (duh), and run hot water over roller after using, and let air dry. Keep us posted!

Robin

Violet,

I'm SO glad you're having such fantastic results. As you said, its trial and error. For me, the most frequent I've used my 1.5mm roller, is every other week. Like the .75mm roller, any redness is gone the next morning, but the Vit C serum and retin-a I apply after rolling triggers more dramatic peeling than it does with the .75mm. As for disinfecting-for me, I follow the novaderm suggestion- use roller only on myself (duh), and run hot water over roller after using, and let air dry. Keep us posted!

Robin

for those who use the .75 daily, i wake up w/ lines all over my face, and it looks like guaze (cuz i go in 2 directions, perpendicular). no one has this problem? am i going too hard on it?

This is an interesting thread because I have been using the .75 dermaroller for a couple of months with retin A at night and copper peptides in the morning.

What I have noticed is that if I roll religiously day and night (not too hard - or you WILL leave tracking marks) what happens is that my skin swells slightly and does make my acne scars far less noticeable. However, if I go for some time without rolling (just applying topicals) my skin goes back a bit.

I find this really interesting as it means that for all intents and purposes I can DRAMATICALLY improve the appearance of my skin by rolling. While I'm not sure if the results are going to be permanent, in a way it doesn't really matter because if I'm prepared to roll regularly my skin can look much better, even if it is only as a result of micro swelling.

This combined with the mineral makeup I've started using (Jane Iredale) means that my skin looks better than it has in years.

ps I also had 4 fraxels last year which helped as well.

C2

4-6 weeks MINIMUM for the 1.5mm roller. To the original poster, i'm not saying this is the case but microswelling could be the reason for you seeing results from the 0.75 roller... You guys only running the 1.5mm roller under the hot tap after use need to be alot more carefull, it doesn't matter if your the only one using it....

Get yourself some 70% alcohol and then some iodine wipes. Use a wipe containing the iodine, after you have done that place it in some 70% Isopropyl Alcohol for a few minutes. Then run under a tap and store carefully. Steam is also another option, just be carefull not to heat the plastic that holds the needle up to the point of melting (not even sure that is possible)

Also, if you are healed by the next morning after the 1.5 roller, you aren't doing it hard enough.... simple as that. There should be a decent amount of bleeding when using the 1.5 mm roller.

Hi Violet...

I'm a little confused about the nature of your results.

First you stated:

I get the benefits of improved skin every day

thanks for sharing, violet. glad to see another long-time user getting somewhere and being on the boards for better reasons. for some reason, i remember you well due to the dancing chicken. eh. anyway, happy for you.

While I'm not sure if the results are going to be permanent... if it is only as a result of micro swelling.

Be very careful Ceasar! People are very quick to label people as negative pessimists in this forum setting.

People like to misunderstand posts and then accuse other posters as negative and demoralizing around here.

This is an interesting thread because I have been using the .75 dermaroller for a couple of months with retin A at night and copper peptides in the morning.

What I have noticed is that if I roll religiously day and night (not too hard - or you WILL leave tracking marks) what happens is that my skin swells slightly and does make my acne scars far less noticeable. However, if I go for some time without rolling (just applying topicals) my skin goes back a bit.

I find this really interesting as it means that for all intents and purposes I can DRAMATICALLY improve the appearance of my skin by rolling. While I'm not sure if the results are going to be permanent, in a way it doesn't really matter because if I'm prepared to roll regularly my skin can look much better, even if it is only as a result of micro swelling.

This combined with the mineral makeup I've started using (Jane Iredale) means that my skin looks better than it has in years.

ps I also had 4 fraxels last year which helped as well.

C2

Hi Violet...

First you stated:

Then you said:

I think I've kinda plateaued with it though

Have your results plateaued or are you continuing to get better results?

Hi Violet...

First you stated:

Then you said:

I think I've kinda plateaued with it though

Have your results plateaued or are you continuing to get better results?

scarcrash you cover every post on this forum of your persistent pessimism

See, Ceasar...my point exactly. LOL!

People don't want the facts around here. I agree that you weren't being negative! I have posted similar response about microswelling in another thread and I got attacked and labeled!

I have learned that you have to word a post so that there is absolutely no way that anybody can read anything negative into it (even if that wasn't your intention anyway) or you are very likely going to be labeled as a pessimist.

Very very few people in this form can distinguish between realism and pessimism! That is the problem.

We are all learning here. How many people ever thought to seriously work on their acne scars until very recently? We need to have smart people ask thoughtful questions and give their own observations, to help clarify things for all of us.

The .75 model is used for asorption of creams on the face and also is know to help with hair loss.For scarring the 2.5mm model is the 1 to use because it pentrates the skin deep enough to prick the epidermis and cause collegon to grow and fill the scars.Use it every 12 weeks on affected areas and do 3 passes of rolling

Just enough to piece the skin medium pressure, as long as the needle goes through the skin go back and forth 2-3 times on the scars,then rest apply numbing cream again(if you have any) wait 15min then start again do 3 passes.Collegon takes 12 weeks to fully heal so do it every 12 weeks just had mine done 2 days ago by a doctor ive had a total of 6 treatments so far my scars have almost dissapeared.

Just enough to piece the skin medium pressure, as long as the needle goes through the skin go back and forth 2-3 times on the scars,then rest apply numbing cream again(if you have any) wait 15min then start again do 3 passes.Collegon takes 12 weeks to fully heal so do it every 12 weeks just had mine done 2 days ago by a doctor ive had a total of 6 treatments so far my scars have almost dissapeared.