Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janis808

Accutane and Spot treatment

I'll be starting accutane in a week and since I know your skin will become fragile, what products are best for active acne? Right now, I'm just using clean and clear advantage 2% salicylic acid spot treatment. will that be okay to use while on accutane? For those of you on accutane or have been on accutane, can you recommend any good on the spot treatments?

I have just come off Roaccutane and I used Eryacne gel that I got on prescription (that's what it's called in Australia but I think that's a brand name your doctor should know what it is in your country). It worked for surface type things. but what I really thought was more effective was when I took Bactrim for a month before starting Roaccutane and then for a few weeks after starting. This calmed down my breakouts before starting it and stopped me from having and IB. It's not for everyone though as some people are allergic to it. I loved it !!!