Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I found my glasses, which I had lost for about two years, today. My vision pretty much sucks to the point where I can't read road signs properly, so I was happy. And then I put them on and looked in the mirror.

So I would like to know, has anyone else experienced soul-crushing ego death upon viewing themselves with 20/20 vision? I guess if you already have it you are used to it...but I'm used to only being able to see how bad my face is from pretty close...to see EVERY FUCKING INCH of my face covered in what appears to be literally thousands of red spots from a good 6 feet back...I am pretty much freaked out to the point of hysteria. I never look that bad in pictures, but then again I know someone who had pretty bad acne and their skin looks clear in pictures...Is this really how people actually see me? It was bad enough before, but with the glasses it looks 100000000x worse. even the few areas where I don't have acne look gross...like the increase in vision has aged me 20 years...every scar and pore and line visible.. I actually feel like throwing up. ugh...

I found my glasses, which I had lost for about two years, today. My vision pretty much sucks to the point where I can't read road signs properly, so I was happy. And then I put them on and looked in the mirror.

So I would like to know, has anyone else experienced soul-crushing ego death upon viewing themselves with 20/20 vision? I guess if you already have it you are used to it...but I'm used to only being able to see how bad my face is from pretty close...to see EVERY FUCKING INCH of my face covered in what appears to be literally thousands of red spots from a good 6 feet back...I am pretty much freaked out to the point of hysteria. I never look that bad in pictures, but then again I know someone who had pretty bad acne and their skin looks clear in pictures...Is this really how people actually see me? It was bad enough before, but with the glasses it looks 100000000x worse. even the few areas where I don't have acne look gross...like the increase in vision has aged me 20 years...every scar and pore and line visible.. I actually feel like throwing up. ugh...

Yeah, that's why I wear contacts now lol. They help me see better, but everything is not as sharp and defined as it is when I'm wearing my glasses. It's weird, the farther I step back from the mirror, the WORSE my skin looks. Like my face is getting farther but all my icepick scars and orange peel skin are becoming more defined. Honestly, if it's gonna save your sanity, just lose your glasses again.

if it makes you feel any better i think glasses are sexy as hell on a guy :drool: your sexiness level just went up 10 points. :drool:

My vision isn't terribly bad, but I wore glasses for a year a few years ago, and I loved how I looked in them...but I always had a huge painful cyst between my eyes right on the bridge where the glasses rested and I decided my vision wasn't bad enough to keep having to put up with that...despite the sexiness :lol:

Just like aspirin said "Honestly, if it's gonna save your sanity, just lose your glasses again." Drunks have their beer goggles, why can't we have our acne goggles? A little blurriness never hurt anybody! :angel:

I have totally experienced that. Like in the morning, I don't wear my glasses on while I'm doing my make-up because they get in the way. So I'd do my make-up, and when I was done, I'd be thinking I looked alright, and then put on the glasses, and it's like, Oh My God! I look horrible! All this crap I'd thought I'd covered is still showing through, but it looks worse because it's all caked in make up and looks nasty, and it would make me feel sooo bad :( Sometimes, I'd wash my face and start all over. Sometimes I'd decide I couldn't leave the house like that, and I'd stay in, all dejected. It's a horrible experience. And I do wonder if people really see us the way we see ourselves with glasses on. I mean, I know not everyone has perfect vision, but some people do. And then there's the people who are far sighted. They can see that crap from far away! My husband is far sighted.

look up close in the mirror, and thats how the world will see you if they have good vision

i know its not pretty but, i dunno

i have bad eyes too, so when im further away from the mirror, i cant see it as much, but when im up close, doesnt look good at all

Worst is when you take a picture of your skin upclose with a good camera with Flash on. Oh man thats some nasty shit. But at least nobody has flash vision :D