Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prufes

This Regimen Cleared Me Up

I've been all over this site and the message boards as a guest for the past 6 months because my face broke out possibly the worse it ever has.

I tried DKR and it helped my acne but didnt prevent it. The thing about it, is it doesn't exfoliate so after a lot of trial and error i found this is what works best for me.

Morning:

Cleanse for 1-2 minutes gently with Acne Free's 2.5% BP Purifying Cleanser, rinse well and pat dry.

Once your face is dry moisturize gently with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Combination Skin Moisturizer (because on this regimen your face will be dry but it will help if your face is oily because Dan's moisturizer leaves my face oily after 8 hours) If your face is still flaky apply more.

Night:

Cleanse for 1-2 minutes gently with Acne Free's 2.5% BP Purifying Cleanser, rinse well and pat dry.

Apply a lot of Dan's BP gel all over entire face gently and rub it in until its even. Let it dry in.

You can moisturize but you don't have to...once starting this regimen it would probably be best to moisturize. Or if its cold there, definitely try to moisturize twice a day.

Don't touch your face, pick, squeeze, rub....and use warm not hot water, and dont let it hit your face in the shower...

There's a lot of other things you can and should do to prevent your acne but i'm not going to try and talk about all that other stuff, i just think this regimen is the hardest thing to establish so Good luck to all who try it.

If you have more oily skin during the day use the neutrogena moisturizer, if you have more dry skin during the day use Dan's moisturizer. I've been using Dan's and it works great but my face was greasy and people would tell me so i just switched. My face is still clear though...good luck.