Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MG86

A godsend for redmarks!

Ok, if I happen to find this product, should I buy it or should I buy this product:

Jamieson Vitamin A RetinolTM Night Renewal Treatment:

(this is what it reads on the site)

- helps reverse the signs of aging

- a proprietary complex formulated with Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate encourages the natural skin renewal process to diminish existing facial lines and wrinkles

- skin texture and tone are noticeably improved and uneven pigmentation reduced

- fortified with Vitamins C and E to help improve skin complexion

-$16.49 Canadian

Which one shud I try? MG86'S product or this Jamieson product? I have acne scars + pigmentation. I'm not good at this stuff and am also very indessisive. :think: I want my money's worth. I needy advice :pray:

Just wanted to let you know that the Jamieson Vitamin A Retinol treatment got excellent reviews on makeupalley (an extremely popular review site.)

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....on/Moisturizers

is it so that the red marks comes back when you stop using it? Sounds like that when I read the instructions.

Anyone has something to say about this? I hope this is not a "use for the rest of your life" product, only made to take peoples money..

I have stopped using it on faded marks and haven't had any issues with them coming back. I think once they are gone they are gone. But everyone's skin is diff so who knows.

MG68 i live in toronto, saw this post about a week or few days ago and made a visit to the shoppers drug mart near me to see if that product was there.is that what it exactly looks like or is there another pic of the product. i'd like to try it but if i can't find it in shoppers i'll just have to order it from ebay :S

i just have red marks left from acne i get a bump here and then so yeah.i've been desperatly looking for a solution to my red marks while im still young.

I'm really tempted to try this stuff but I suppose it's probably not good to use while on accutane, right? Seems like it's not irritating like BP or AHAs, though. Does it seem drying or irritating at all, or more soothing like a moisturizer?

hey guys, just wanted to say that I've been using this for just over two weeks but unfortunately have noticed no difference or any improvement in my red marks :(

I've been using vita-K for age spot for 2-3 weeks.

I 've seen improvement. the vita-k for age spot works for my acne red marks!

I bought the one for age spot only becos i cannot find the one for acne scar in local store. I get mine from walgreen

Thanks for your recommendation MG86

I guess everybody is different, Hope we all find the one works for ourselves.

i bought mine too fm amazon elf salad, was about 1 n 1/2 weeks ago, so hopefully get it soon,if you got yours after 2 weeks, hopefully works for us all whove bought it ,lol, u never know, ha :dance:

I'm pretty sure that would be fine.

Hey sounds promising this stuff, Iv just ordered some online and will post back in a few weeks with my results.

Oh and it says acne scars so does that mean red marks or literally pitted indentations or both? I have both but more red marks than anything!

Cheers!

MG68 i live in toronto, saw this post about a week or few days ago and made a visit to the shoppers drug mart near me to see if that product was there.is that what it exactly looks like or is there another pic of the product. i'd like to try it but if i can't find it in shoppers i'll just have to order it from ebay :S

i just have red marks left from acne i get a bump here and then so yeah.i've been desperatly looking for a solution to my red marks while im still young.

I think this is it....although we don't sell it at the Shopper's I work at either. I'm not sure if its available in Ontario.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001392TGA?smid=A...mp;linkCode=asn

i used it for a couple of days and i dont think i have noticed and improvement.....

DOES NOTHING BLOODY WORK FOR ME!?!?!?!?

... oh well ill keep using it for a while, i know its stupid to jump to conclusions after 2 days but when it has 'results with first application' splashed on the front it just got my hopes up. Maybe it should have said 'see absolutely no results whatsoever with first application' although that doesnt have much of a ring to it....

yeah agree with you shouldnt say results after first application bollox,lol like thats gonna happen, give it a month tho, thats what im gonna do when i eventually get it ,in year 2245 when i can teleport fm place to place etc :wall:

whilst im waiting for mine to arrive iv started using some uk based vitam K cream i bought to help speed up healing for V-Beam i had a couple of months back.

I got vitamin k cream from boots, fkn expensive, £20, its called vein away plus by Skin Doctors.

Im using bp 2.5% then the vitamin k cream then moisturizer at night. In the morning after shower i just use vitamin k cream wait for it to dry then moisturize.

I have to say after one day my skin looks better and feels better, plus it doesnt break me out!

thanks @ tiffy

if i get it i'll just get it from ebay. but i just recieved the dan kern's BP gel.i know some people have said this is going to make red marks look more red and worse im going to include it in my regimen. i used it last night and i thought it would make my face sting which it didnt.but like 20-30 minutes later the part of my face i put the most on became itchy!! thank goodness it wasnt irritated and didnt become red so i guess im not allergic to it. maybe because i didnt apply any face cream after the content dissolved into my face. i know it sounds stupid but after the first application i think it did something but ill wait a week and ill have a picture update!! since december lol..

I've used it only for two days, yet I have already noticed an improvement on two newly popped pimples--the redness in one is almost entirely gone and has greatly subsided in the other.

do you know if this would be something i could use while on accutane? or are the ingredients cause irration? i really want to try this but kind of afraid...

It sucks sometimes living in different countries and having to try to find stuff online and then have it shipped to you if it isn't available where you live. We don't sell Aquaphor here at my drugstore and hardly any Eucerin products (which I'm told are the best for your skin)...So I had to buy some Eucerin Sensitive Skin SPF 30 Moisturiser from the States. Same with Mederma....had to look at eBay. I don't bother with Amazon.

Don't know if you're still in here reading lately, but Aquaphor is just Vaseline with a few more emollients to make it go on smoother. So Vaseline works just as well really, & it's inexpensive... Hope that can help.

I've tried this for a few days, and already see a bit of improvement, but my skin's feeling somewhat dry.

Does anyone also moisturize when they use this, or does doing so diminish the effect?

I've tried this for a few days, and already see a bit of improvement, but my skin's feeling somewhat dry.

Does anyone also moisturize when they use this, or does doing so diminish the effect?

I always put a mosturizer after the vita-k cream. I think it works for me

i just ordered Vita-K and i intend to use Oil Free Neutrogena (sp?) as my moisturizer...I'm thinking of putting progress pictures up on a weekly basis..