Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MG86

A godsend for redmarks!

the shiseido white lucent serum (120 dollars for 30ml) works wonders for old acne marks(those brown to dark brown ones). I see immediate result within a week, however it does not do much to my newly formed fresh red marks.

but I run out of the shiseido serum very fast since i apply it twice a day all over face. so I am using another brightening product, not as effective, still working though slowly.

I do not have many brown dark marks now. My acne marks are pretty red and fresh

that's why I am trying vita-k. hope it will remove my fresh marks

I couln't buy vita-k for acne scar so I bought the one for age spot.

I don't know how different the ingradient is

So MG86, can you post the ingradient fo vita-k for acne scar?

thanks

Ya no problem Piniu,

Water, Cyclomethicone, Steria Acid, Ethylexl Palmitate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Phytonadione, Dipalymitoyl Hydroxproline, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Shavegrass, Mica, Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid, Copolymar, Propylene Glycol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine.

Damn thats some small writing on the bottle! lol.

Thanks, MG86

The major difference is that vita-K for acne scar has shavegrass, but licorice root extract for age spot. Both have silica but the one for acne scar has more in concentration.

If it works for you, I hope it will work for me as well.

I will report the effectiveness of vita-K in the future

Ya no problem Piniu,

Water, Cyclomethicone, Steria Acid, Ethylexl Palmitate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Phytonadione, Dipalymitoyl Hydroxproline, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Shavegrass, Mica, Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid, Copolymar, Propylene Glycol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine.

Damn thats some small writing on the bottle! lol.

So I have been using the advanced scar treatment for two days and OMG! It is so much better than the formula for blotchy skin. Improvement not only in red makrs but scars! I didn't think there was a product that could improve the small ice pick scars I have but this is somehow. Sure they are still there but they have seemed to "raise" themselves. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!

hmm on the website it says you can find it at Rite Aid and CVS. Anyone find it there?

Also can someone answer my previous question? is it ok to use with AHA?

My regimen consists of Vichy Normaderm daily exfoliating gel, co-q10 toner, Poractiv B. I use it with conjunction to that and have gotten results. I am not sure if any of those products contain AHA's however... I know they contain Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, and various other chemicals.

ok i just purchased this product and im currently using dan's regimen. how would i use this product in sync with the regimen? i know MG86 mentioned to use it after all his daily topicals, but before the moisturizer. Would that follow the same concept with the regimen? and after waiting the BP to dry on my face, i would apply this vita-k, then wait for that to dry before putting that moisturizer?

Hey, I just bought the vita-k solution for blotchy skin from Shoppers Drug Mart (I live in Canada). But I really wanna get the Acne Scar one, any idea where else might sell these products?

Edit: Never mind, just ordered it online from london drugs. :D

do you massage it in like BP in dans regimen? or do you just coat it lightly.

I just apply a layer on the face , the same way as my moisturizer

Where abouts in Langley?! You may work with someone I know, I have a friend who works at a Shoppers on the Langley/Cloverdale border.

can someone post an amazon link up to order this from the uk. I can only find a Vita k for scars and bruises.. Is this the right one??

Yeah I work at Shoppers....I think we have it....I know we have the blotchy skin one for sure.

Although I've been told to use this Scar Zone healing ointment that you can get in the band-aid section.

I've also heard Mederma works really well too.

Netrogena also has this Post-Acne mark serum....probably have to read into that.

I really don't want to have to pay into Microdermabrasion...too frikken expensive.

It sucks sometimes living in different countries and having to try to find stuff online and then have it shipped to you if it isn't available where you live. We don't sell Aquaphor here at my drugstore and hardly any Eucerin products (which I'm told are the best for your skin)...So I had to buy some Eucerin Sensitive Skin SPF 30 Moisturiser from the States. Same with Mederma....had to look at eBay. I don't bother with Amazon.

any ideas on how i can get this in the uk?

http://search.stores.ebay.com/vita-k-scars...ocusZbsQQsofpZ4

I found that on ebay....ask if they ship to the UK.

Is this the correct one, the scar and bruises ??

There is a uk seller selling these on ebay if it is but im not sure as the packaging looks different

I'm assuming it is.

----

My pharmacist recommended this:

Dermatix Advanced Scar Remodelling Gel

£29.99* for 15g tube or £89.99* for a 60g tube - *shipping extra

DERMATIX C is a topical silicone gel with ester C (stable form of vitamin C) that creates an invisible barrier over the damaged area. Under its protection, scar tissue is remodelled and reduced. Studies have shown that scars treated with silicone gel can diminish by as much as 70%.[1] Ester C provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and promotes healing of scar tissue.

Dermatix C can be used to flatten, soften and smooth scars. It also helps

to reduce scar-associated pain, itching and discoloration.

Dermatix C can be applied to all areas of the skin, including the face and

joints, where it dries rapidly to form an invisible and flexible "sheet".

Some key benefits of Dermatix C are:

-Easy and painless once daily application

-Transparent, odorless

-Cosmetics or sunscreen can be applied over Dermatix C , once dry

-Suitable for even sensitive skin

-Safe for use in children

-Fast drying

-Can be used on old and new scars

-Helps to reduce scar related itching and pain

Its about $50 CND at Shopper's Drug Mart and you have to ask for it at the pharmacy - its behind the counter. Its meant for really heavy scarring - like keloids and burn scars, but can also be used for acne scars.

I also asked the pharmacist about the Advanced Solutions Neutrogena Post-mark Acne Peel - its $24.99 CND and he recommends it completely, although there's only 15g in it. But he's impressed with the ingredients and thinks it'll work better than Scar Zone gel.