Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

Argh this curly hair!

I'm a male, and I have the most CURLIEST hair you can think of. Its insane, its got this really annoying wave, and whenever I use a hot comb, it just ends up getting curly an hour later. Do I need a perm, a relaxer, a hair iron, or is there a chemical straightener or something?!?!

There is straightening type 'perms', but if you look in that direction get it done at a salon, you wouldn't want to screw something like that up. :lol: Though they do have at home much cheaper ones, if you have someone skilled in that area.

Maybe try using some straightening cream? I use Regis Design line press it straight cream and it works on my wild hair. :D After I'm done I usually give a light shot of hairspray to give it some extra 'hold'.

I :wub: curly hair on men. I think you should wear it curly, but use products that control and style your curls.

In the end, natural wins 99% of the time.

Hi Wolf's Rain,

I know you're very frustrated with your look, but did you ever follow any of the advice we all offered in your old post?

Old Message About Your Hair

Did you ever find a good hair stylist for men - and ask them to help you with a cut / style etc that you can manage yourself after they show you how?

You DO have great hair. I know it frustrates you - but you're not seeing it from the eyes of others. :)

If you want to straighten it, you should look in the direction of a Magic Perm (I believe in the U.S., it's referred to as Japanese Straightening). It can cost a lot of money at salons, but since you live in California, find a Korean hair salon if possible (they sometimes do it literally at 1/8 the price of other salons). The only thing about a Magic Perm is that it's very damaging to your hair and also, if the stylist isn't careful (this applies to guys), he/she might end up perming the roots of your hair too, which will result in a horribly "flat" hair on your scalp. So, it's always a good idea to instead ask for "Volume Magic [Perm]" ~ where they apply the perm medication while avoiding the roots.

Personally, I would just stick with the natural wave. There are a lot of great cuts you can get. Dandy Layer Cuts (http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2007/05/21/2007052100658_0.jpg), Wolf Cuts, and maybe Shaggy Cuts (but you have to be careful about getting a Shaggy Cut if your hair is really curly).

Also, using wax to style your hair is key in making wavy hair stand out.

Good luck!

There is straightening type 'perms', but if you look in that direction get it done at a salon, you wouldn't want to screw something like that up. :lol: Though they do have at home much cheaper ones, if you have someone skilled in that area.

Maybe try using some straightening cream? I use Regis Design line press it straight cream and it works on my wild hair. :D After I'm done I usually give a light shot of hairspray to give it some extra 'hold'.

I'm on the go-natural band wagon! Make sure to find someone who has experience with curly hair and ask him or her what you can do to get it to lay right. Otherwise, going really short might be the only [cheap] option?

Would a straightening cream also work for pubic hair? My pubes are incredibly curly. Its like I got a Chia-Pet living down there.

Also, would it be ok to walk in a salon and ask to get my pubes straightened? That wouldn't be too weird would it?

Man I have the same problem. Outrageously curly hair that just looks gross imo. I think i'd be a decent looking guy if my hair was straight.. I already talked to a salon and the consensus was that it was just too damaging to be putting relaxers in your hair / scalp. Sorry bro

i agree with the others on letting it go curly. i have uber curly hair too, and for the longest time i hated it because i didn't know how to take care of it. the best thing you can do is find products that work for you and a style you enjoy. (i found i can't grow my hair out long.... it doesn't work with my face shape, and my hair also curls in different ways. i have super tight curls on top and pretty loose curls at the nape of my neck.)

anyway, the best stuff ever is frizz ease serum. apply it exactly as they instruct. you have to put it on sopping wet hair and then you towel or blow dry. i found i can't blow dry my hair. it makes it frizz (regardless of whether or not i diffuse) and flat.

i would suggest just keeping your hair short and using products that make it managable. you'll save a lot of time, money, and frustration with straightening.

I bet the original poster doesn't even want to straighten his hair out. This was kind of like his way of bragging about having curly hair so all the girls can come in here and and say "aww...i love guys with curly hair... blah blah blah"...

You slick son of a bitch!