Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's taken over my life....

I think about it all the time. My face is the last thing I think about when I fall asleep and the first thing I think about when I wake up. I have to change my sleeping positions to keep my face from being pressed against my pillow at night. Every time I am in public I see people looking at my face. It's all I ever think about!! I am so depressed and tired of it. I know it could be much worse, but it still doesn't make me feel any better. I hate going to work, I hate going out in public. The only time I feel I can forget about it for a short time is at home. But the second I have to look in the mirror.... I just find it amazing how much it has taken over my life.

I really dont know how to answer this ,

But i have felt the exact same and have actually quit well paid jobs in the past that had excellent career prospects due to the fact i was so depressed and ashamed about my horrible acne, i didnt want anyone to see me,,

I hope that you can find a solution as it is gut wrenching for me to know someone else is having the exact same emotions and problems i endured,,

It is good that you have written how you feel and got it out of your system and there is a lot of support in here.

Keep your chin held high!! ;)

I hear you.

I can't concentrate on anything but my face and it's been like that for months!!

Obsession is bad I know...

but I'm just really worried and sad that, over an instant moment, my face went from normal to scar face to the point where I can't even leave the house at this moment. :ninja:

I have to admit, being a girl makes the situation worse, I think.

I'm sure over certain amount of time, things will heal but how long must I wait?

All I see is clear skin on TV, magazines and people and it's driving me crazy. I feel like

why do I deserve this??? :cry:

Had to vent. woke up and feeling terrible again. :wall:

Hey, I just came across these forums and I'm feeling exactly the same way as you guys. I am in my second year of university, and my acne is fairly bad at the moment. I have had a skin problem for around 5 years now and have been on all sorts of tablets, its been under control for most of that time and I never had any issues with going out and drinking or wondering what people thought of my skin.

Last year at university was brilliant, had loads of fun, however over last summer I developed heartburn on a regular basis and the doctor thought it could be a side effect of the tablets I was on, so she took me off them altogether. In the following 2 months my skin became worse than ever, red all over. I had to stop drinking since October, I no longer enjoy going out as I'm so conscious of people looking at me. I think it is improving but very slowly, I'm hoping when the weather gets a bit better it will help it, but I'm forever looking in the mirror. My skin dictates my life right now. Going out with my friends is no fun anymore as they've all got great skin and can enjoy drinking, whereas I'm really conscious that if I drink it will mess my skin up. I'm really uptight now, and as for finding a girlfriend I just give up now to be honest.

The thing that annoys me most is that my skin was fine last year, just the odd spot every now and then, that I could deal with. I had a great year, and now my life has just changed so much :( as well as the medication I'm doing all I can to help it, by not drinking, just drinking water, eating more fruit, and I've cut out chocolate, crisps and cake altogether even though I've never been a huge fan of these anyway. It's just depressing that last year everything was fine and in that short space of time my life has become very boring! Sorry this is long but this is the first time I've written it all out, thank you for reading!

at least our problem is making us eat healthier!!! more veggies, fruits, water, suppliments!! ;)

seriously, my scars are really pigmented to the point where i couldn't even cover it up with make-up because it only made it more stand out. so that made me stay in most of the time. it's slowly improving but they look nasty like i have flesh-eating disease or something. :cry:

because i used to have such a good skin, it just hurts more wondering why why why why now and why me?

ahhhhh. i feel so boiled up and stressed inside to the point where i get headaches sometimes. i'm sure it's not good for my skin so i should stop but i can't. too depressed.

sorry for this depressing post. i'm having another bad skin day.

REALLY WISH IT WILL GET BETTER BEFORE THE WEATHER GETS WARM~!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! :wall:

Last year at university was brilliant, had loads of fun, however over last summer I developed heartburn on a regular basis and the doctor thought it could be a side effect of the tablets I was on, so she took me off them altogether.

Last year at university was brilliant, had loads of fun, however over last summer I developed heartburn on a regular basis and the doctor thought it could be a side effect of the tablets I was on, so she took me off them altogether.

Could you not speak to your Dr about another type of medication you could take which wouldn't give you the same side effects? Or perhaps he/she could put you on a topical antibiotic? Go back and ask for more solutions, there will most likely be something else they can give you for your skin.

you sound exactly like me. i actually wrote in an old post somewhere with the same line about 'first thing when i wake up and last thing that i think before i go to sleep is my acne'.

my suggestion is that if it truly consuming your life is to get on accutane if your derm offers it. i myself just started tane and i'm absolutely NOT getting my hopes up too much or even talking about it with even my closest friends. this is my private struggle for years and people that don't live it don't get how crippling it is to be fearful of looking people in the face. i've only discussed taking accutane to online accutane people here and elsewhere on the internet.

the other tip i have is to stop looking in the mirror. it sounds hard but it IS possible to do. i've actually stopped looking in the mirror for about.. 2 months now. i seriously just DONT LOOK. avoid them, look down, i sometimes even position my self in the bathroom when washing my face or hands so that i specifically dont face the mirror. only after i put on my mineral makeup can i look in the mirror without seeing redmarks and the zits that incompass them. this also helps to stop any picking habit you might have. the less you see your reflection the less you think about your face. it takes time but i'm in a better place than i was months ago when all i'd do is sit in front of the mirror and cry at what looked back at me.

please feel free to private message me as i know exactly what you are feeling right now.

Everyone seems to go through this. I have never had sever acne but I have always been vain ( at least im honest). I let my acne keep me from graduating, keeping friends, weeks of work, tons of parties... I have since come to terms that people really just do not care what your skin looks like most of the time. Everyone is so busy being concerned with themselves that people could give a fuck less. Anytime I have brought up my skin around friends or coworkers they all look at me puzzled and say, "dude you dont even have acne, what a couple of bumps here and there? get over it." So my advice is don't let other ppls opinions worry you so much and if it really is controlling your life that much then do what im gonna do, go on accutane! I tried the whole holisitic approach, quit smoking cigs, weeds, drinking, eating sugar, gluten, dairy, and just about everything I can do. So if going on tane means 6 months of hell and possible damage down the road at least I will truly enjoy my time until then.