Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cover up with Makeup - yes or no??

I was wondering how many of you women cover up your acne with makeup?? I have never worn makeup aside from mascara because it always made me break out. So now that my acne is really bad it is hard for me to cover it up. I feel like it would almost make it worse. Plus my face is so bad at this point that I think it would look pretty obvious. But I always get this feeling that people think I should cover it up. Just wondering on everyones thoughts, opinions, and what you all do??

I cover it up but only on the days Im in the mood to. I think you should check out this site because almost everyone on this site who has used this make up has had success with it. Its called Everyday Minerals if you havent heard of it. If you have any questions or comments you can join the Everyday Minerals Cult which is a topic Wynne started.

Hey, where do you buy Everyday Minerals, anyway?

I'm no adult, but I do apply makeup when my face is red. I don't like putting on when I have bumps on my forehead, though. Because it makes the makeup appear fake and botchy. The bumps on my cheeks don't seem to affect it.

I haven't used makeup in a about a week now... I'd like to hide the red for school tomorrow, but I'm scared to apply MAC...

go to www.everydayminerals.com They have samples that are free and you only have to pay $5 for shipping. With the samples you get three foundations, one concealer, and one blush. I would also recommend buying one of their brushes and their $3 plastic dish so you can mix. It saves you a lot of make up

A lot of us wear makeup without it breaking our skin out. Even now that my skin is mostly clear I wear foundation everyday. It gives me a more polished, near-flawless look that I will probably never have naturally.

Check the cosmetics forum for more info. The regular posters there would be very happy to help you out with any makeup issues you have. Not all makeup is created equal, so there may be one that works for you if you're interested.

I was wondering how many of you women cover up your acne with makeup?? I have never worn makeup aside from mascara because it always made me break out. So now that my acne is really bad it is hard for me to cover it up. I feel like it would almost make it worse. Plus my face is so bad at this point that I think it would look pretty obvious. But I always get this feeling that people think I should cover it up. Just wondering on everyones thoughts, opinions, and what you all do??

I never wore makeup to cover the severe acne I had from age 11 to 25 because so many people I listened to had me terrified that makeup would make it so much worse and I'd never get clear. Boy, I wish I'd known about mineral makeup back then!

I wear Bare Minerals every single day, and I swear my skin looks better because of it. I've never gotten one single breakout from it. I am going to try Everyday Minerals once my current stash runs out because of price, and I hope I'll have the same luck.

I've been using Retin-a for a few weeks now and I've also noticed that the mineral makeup covers up the slight redness I get very, very well. I used a glycolic acid toner, which helps get rid of any flakiness, and then mineral foundation and bronzer, and even in harsh lighting my skin coloring looks normal and even.

go to www.everydayminerals.com They have samples that are free and you only have to pay $5 for shipping. With the samples you get three foundations, one concealer, and one blush. I would also recommend buying one of their brushes and their $3 plastic dish so you can mix. It saves you a lot of make up

I use Estee Lauder and Clinque makeup products and they are fabulous. Estee Lauder is my foundation and power. LOVE it. Doesn't break me out. I have always worn makeup to cover my acne, and even when I'm clear.

I do... I have pale skin and red patches so I use make up.. I use cover girl clean make up.. i never noticed that i was breaking out more when i started using it.. if anything less...

I've never worn makeup to cover my acne b/c I felt like it would just break me out more. My skin has always been so sensitive! Now that my acne is basically cleared up I want to start wearing makeup. Thanks for the information on Everyday Minerals. I went and ordered the sample kit. I have no clue how to apply foundation and all that, but we'll see!

I highly recommend Teint Idole Ultra, by Lancome. It's a bit pricey (about $30 a bottle) but it's the only foundation that I can use without breaking me out. If you are dry be sure to use a moisturizer first and let it set before applying the makeup, since it is liquid and it may pick up the flakiness, but other than that I LOVE it.

You can look up reviews for it, along with tons of other types of makeup on MakeUpAlley.com

P.S. I've tried mineral makeup and it did absolutely nothing for me :(