Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Strikeout13

If acne supposedly takes 30-90 days to develop under skin....

Then wouldnt eating a lot of sugar or salt not show up for those said 30-90 days? Because if that is true about the length of development, then wouldnt looking for breakouts days after you consume bad foods be purposeless?

I've always been skeptical of claims like that. My skin is able to develop pore blockages in a very short period of time depending on what I eat.

I've never heard the 30 day figure. I've always heard about 4-7 days.

Personally I think acne can start within minutes of you eating the offending food, but the actual pimple might not sprout up until a little while later.

derm says about 3 weeks it takes. That's the active one's on your skin right now..they actually started three weeks ago under the skin. That's why if your gonna try the diet thing you have to do it for months before you can even see if it's working.

It's not true

That's the shortest response I've ever seen you post! lol

The micro comedone that sits in the pore can take several months to develop, and comedones are always present in acne. But not every pore with a micro comedone in it develops a pimple. So a microcomedone could be just sitting in there, doing nothing for months and months, and then all of a sudden, you eat some crap, you get systemic inflammation, your inflammatory system goes into overdrive, t-cells and lymph cells are everywhere. Suddenly some lymph cells go, "Hey, I think something's in there that shouldn't be, let's attack it!" because they've been put into attack mode by the inflammation, which was triggered by whatever it was you ate. So then the pore gets attacked, white blood cells flood to the area, it turns bright red and grows. Pus develops as the immune system tries to break down the microcomedone and carry it away. And you have a pimple. Basically, the microcomedone is a ticking time bomb without a clock. It waits patiently. Whether it goes off it up to you.

It's not true

The micro comedone that sits in the pore can take several months to develop, and comedones are always present in acne. But not every pore with a micro comedone in it develops a pimple. So a microcomedone could be just sitting in there, doing nothing for months and months, and then all of a sudden, you eat some crap, you get systemic inflammation, your inflammatory system goes into overdrive, t-cells and lymph cells are everywhere. Suddenly some lymph cells go, "Hey, I think something's in there that shouldn't be, let's attack it!" because they've been put into attack mode by the inflammation, which was triggered by whatever it was you ate. So then the pore gets attacked, white blood cells flood to the area, it turns bright red and grows. Pus develops as the immune system tries to break down the microcomedone and carry it away. And you have a pimple. Basically, the microcomedone is a ticking time bomb without a clock. It waits patiently. Whether it goes off it up to you.

That makes a lot more sense then what other people say. Thats the first time someones broken it down and explained it better for me. Thanks

yeah thats garbage u can get acne as soon as the sebum canal gets pinched off. the severity of it and how long it takes depends on 1) how high your sebum production is 2)how pinched off your sebum canal is

Yeah, last Saturday night I had a pizza for the first time ina year because everyone else was having on, my mate's birthday night etc etc

Ate it, my face went red immediately, stayed like that for an hour. Then when I woke up the next morning I had a shocking breakout.

It's not true

That's pretty much how it works....it can take months for a microcomedone to form, but it can take days for it to become a pimple, if they ever do. Not every microcomedone will become an inflammatory lesion.....some are just resoloved on their own. Some enlarge to beocme comedones (whiteheads) that will just fall out on their own like a tiny grain of sand...

I can definitely track my whiteheads to something I ate or drank one or max. two days before. Now cysts are another matter. More often than not there's no explanation. Maybe it takes so long for them to become visible since they are so far under the skin that I just can't track them?

That's interesting about the microcomedones. So would regularly going to a beautician help? Is the stuff she squeezes out the microcomedones, or is it something else? If that's true, I need to make another appointment!

I can definitely track my whiteheads to something I ate or drank one or max. two days before. Now cysts are another matter. More often than not there's no explanation. Maybe it takes so long for them to become visible since they are so far under the skin that I just can't track them?

That's interesting about the microcomedones. So would regularly going to a beautician help? Is the stuff she squeezes out the microcomedones, or is it something else? If that's true, I need to make another appointment!

Yes it would, you can't have acne without microcomedones. You can have microcomedones and not have acne, but not the other way around. That's why estheticians recommend regular visits to prevent that process from getting established.

I have tested this about a million times, and pimples for me always take 12-48 hours to form.

I don't know who came up with the 30-90 days thing, but it is probably the same people who came up with the "diet doesn't cause acne" thing.

I have tested this about a million times, and pimples for me always take 12-48 hours to form.

I don't know who came up with the 30-90 days thing, but it is probably the same people who came up with the "diet doesn't cause acne" thing.

Agreed, I can induce a breakout pretty much at will depending on what I eat. I think it's possible that some microcomedones can take a long time to develop while others can appear overnight (taking into account that not all microcomedomes result in infection). It probably varies greatly for different people.

I believe the reason any particular pore develops an infection is due to secretions and/or substances in the blood that allow bacteria/yeast/fungus that are a normal part of the body to multiply rapidly.

Diet has fuck all to do with acne, a bad diet can cause the odd 1 or 2 spots yes, but 'acne' has nothing to do with diet.

Diet has fuck all to do with acne, a bad diet can cause the odd 1 or 2 spots yes, but 'acne' has nothing to do with diet.

lol, here we go.

NO U FOOLS....THE WHOLE CYCLE OF A PIMPLE LAST AROUND 30 DAYS. BUT MOST OF THAT TIME IS PRE ACNE THAT FORMED, AND WHAT YOU EAT OR GET DIRT ON YOUR FACE TRIGGERS THAT PRE ACNE AND A PIMPLE SHOWS UP DAYS LATER. WE MAY HAVE A SHIT LOAD OF PRE ACNES ON OUR FACE, JUST WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO TRIGGER.

Oh god haha, how old are you? 12? fucking 'noob' that word still exsists? I thought I could come here without getting called a noob or being shouted at.

Oh god haha, how old are you? 12? fucking 'noob' that word still exsists? I thought I could come here without getting called a noob or being shouted at.

Sorry leeses i apologise.

I'll just give you the simple short cut version because it's what everybody firsts learns on their journey to clear skin.

Derms are lying to you because they want you to buy their drugs. There simply is nothing more to it than that.

Now if you would like to enjoy the clear skin that I have here is my advice. Don't question just do it now. The answer is soluble fibre before meals. Either take significant dosages of pysillium husk or even better buy a product called pgx fibre (seven times more effective than psyllium). Like i just said in the other thread you should take 3 -4 pills before each meal and you will be clear and stay clear within a week. Well actually you wont get any new zits from straight after the time you begin taking the pills.

When you have done this feel free to worship me on this forum when you come back. Thank you for your time.

I'll just give you the simple short cut version because it's what everybody firsts learns on their journey to clear skin.

Derms are lying to you because they want you to buy their drugs. There simply is nothing more to it than that.

Now if you would like to enjoy the clear skin that I have here is my advice. Don't question just do it now. The answer is soluble fibre before meals. Either take significant dosages of pysillium husk or even better buy a product called pgx fibre (seven times more effective than psyllium). Like i just said in the other thread you should take 3 -4 pills before each meal and you will be clear and stay clear within a week. Well actually you want get any new zits from straight after the time you begin taking the pills.

When you have done this feel free to worship me on this forum when you come back. Thank you for your time.

I don't see why they would lie to me, I get my Roaccutane/what ever cream he gives me on the NHS.

Now if you would like to enjoy the clear skin that I have here is my advice. Don't question just do it now. The answer is soluble fibre before meals. Either take significant dosages of pysillium husk or even better buy a product called pgx fibre (seven times more effective than psyllium). Like i just said in the other thread you should take 3 -4 pills before each meal and you will be clear and stay clear within a week. Well actually you want get any new zits from straight after the time you begin taking the pills.

I don't see why they would lie to me, I get my Roaccutane/what ever cream he gives me on the NHS.

Everybody on this forum has done roaccutane and everybody knows it is a dirty word to throw around. If you don't trust me and take my advice then frankly you kinda deserve your acne cos we have been experimenting with all this shit for many years longer than you have.

Peace brother, enjoy.

p.s get off the accutane asap.

P.p.s i love how you are going to ignore me cos (like a teenager rebeling against authority) that's what noobs feel they have to do. Ignore the veterans.

Wtf are you talking about?! I was on Roaccutane before and it completely cleared my skin but I just had to come off it to early, hense why it has come back, I havn't ignored anything you said and I don't like the way you are talking to me to be honest, I have tried many things over the last 5 or 6 years to rid my acne not just Roaccutane so saying I deserve it is out of order, everyone here should know how depressing acne can be and it is for me. I didn't expect to come here of all places and get told I deserve it just because I follow what my dermatologist has told me, i'd rather trust him than someone of the internet just because he has "Veteran Members" in his name.