Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iT0M

Sick but wanna continue to take my Accutane...

Okay well I started like 4 days ago and I just got sick the day after I took it. (My Luck).

I called my derm friday and he told me I should stop and wait til I am 100% better then start taking it again. I told him ok but today I feel alot better. I still have a cough but my sore throat is hardly here and my head feels alot better. My nose runs but it's just a cold. Anyway, I have been taking Amoxillin and Tylenol this whole time, (which I asked the derm and he said that is fine to take while on Accutane) but I wanna start taking it again.

Should I wait til i am 100% or should I just continue to take my dosage. I just broke out with two new pimples yesterday so I really wanna start getting this med to kick in.

Did anyone get sick before and keep taking Accutane? Can you take Accutane while your sick and nothing will happen? Please let me know what I should do...

What your derm told you to stop because you got a cold? Fuck that man keep taking it, I think Ive had 2 colds while on accutane and its been no big deal

Riight, but I am taking medicine. Not sure if you can mix with Accutane.

Also, I read that if you have a Sore Throat and Persistent Fever, then STOP and call the derm. That's what I was getting that's why I called and he said stop taking until I am 100% better. Why would he say that if I am allowed to just keep taking that?

Hey,

You can take Amoxicillin and Accutane. I am doing it right now. I got sick a couple of weeks ago and it just got worse so I went to my doctor back home and she gave me amoxicillin and codine cough medicine. The pharmacist say it was fine to take them together and I have taken them together during my first round too. This is my second round. I am taking Mucinex too. If you ever get prescribed Cephalexin it's okay to take with accutane too and Zythromax. I have taken all of these with accutane and I have been fine. I get sick every couple of months. It's like clockwork almost and I can never get over them even when I was off accutane. Hope this helps and hope you feel better.

... who takes prescription drugs for a cold?

Try my remedy for colds: suck it up. Take a day off work/school if you need to and let your immune system do its job.

... who takes prescription drugs for a cold?

Try my remedy for colds: suck it up. Take a day off work/school if you need to and let your immune system do its job.

Don't talk cause that reply was just so stupid.

Why was it stupid? Do you ever wonder why you've got such a pathetic immune system? Every time you take an antibiotic to fight off a cold or flu you weaken your immune system, every time you use antibacterial soap you weaken your immune system. That is why you don't even have the sand to fight off a cold without drugs, or why you get sick all the time.

Meh, civilization is going to crumble at some point and all the germaphobes and girly men will we wheezing by the side of the road, fumbling futilely at their empty pill bottles and puffers. The pandemic is coming... people with weak immune systems won't survive.

What your derm told you to stop because you got a cold? Fuck that man keep taking it, I think Ive had 2 colds while on accutane and its been no big deal

Why was it stupid? Do you ever wonder why you've got such a pathetic immune system? Every time you take an antibiotic to fight off a cold or flu you weaken your immune system, every time you use antibacterial soap you weaken your immune system. That is why you don't even have the sand to fight off a cold without drugs, or why you get sick all the time.