Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
needhelp23

holding in urine?

sometimes i find that i hold in my urine when i'm at home, and i don't know why. just a habit i guess. i heard that urination is a way for your body to excrete excess hormones. so what i'm thinking is, if i'm holding it in, do a lot of the hormones re-enter my blood stream? or does holding it in not affect my hormone levels at all. i'm a teen still going through puberty, so hormones may very well be my main cause of acne.

Hormones are mainly excreted through the intestinal system, so that effect can happen if you are chronically constipated. However, holding in urine increases your risk of bladder cancer and incontinence, so I don't recommend it either way.

Peeing is a way to get toxins out of your body. I don't know about hormones being related to peeing but I can tell you that it's probably not a good idea to hold it when you have to go ;)...at least that's what i was taught when i was a wee lad

Hormones are mainly excreted through the intestinal system, so that effect can happen if you are chronically constipated. However, holding in urine increases your risk of bladder cancer and incontinence, so I don't recommend it either way.

oh, ok. i've also been constipated when i had REALLY bad acne, the worst i've ever had up to this point in my life. i found that i wouldn't have a bowel movement until like, once or twice a week. i didn't notice it before, but now i've been more conscious about allowing myself to go to the restroom when the need arises. i've also got a problem with public restrooms, i'm just so afraid to sit down, it's a problem i need to work on.

I personally wouldn't hold in urine for long periods of time. I believe it increases the risks of a UTI as well as probably other things that can't be good.

It's natural for the body to excrete waste so why fight it?