Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
needhelp23

biore nosestrips on face?

does anyone know if it's not recommended that you use biore nosestrips on any part of the face other than the nose? would this cause more problems? i have some stubborn blackheads right above my lip (i mean literally, the line of pores right above your upper lip), and i've been wondering if it was possible to use biore nosestrips on this or any other area such as my cheeks. i've tried salicylic acid and AHA/BHA masks, but nothing seems to be working.

I don't recommend biore nose strips ever. I find they pull out so many hairs and not the actual blackhead.

Are you sure what you've got are blackheads? Usually steaming and extracting blackheads individually works best.

hmm, i've never thought about the steam technique before, i'm just afraid to extract because when i try and it doesn't work, it ends up becoming a whitehead. and i'm also afraid to sweat, because i'm afraid my pores will clog and i'll be left with a really bad breakout.

Just wash your face after steaming like you normally do and it shouldn't cause any breakouts.

But yeah, steam, then extract, then cleanse and tone and moisturize.

i have blackheads right above my lip like that too and i find them really hard to get rid of too. also, i used the biore strips once and they caused me to break out. so if you haven't used them before, be careful.

If you don't have any inflamed acne, I would use a gentle exfoliator scrub twice a day and moisturize after. Also maybe you're applying something on your lips that are clogging the pores around your mouth. Try changing your lip wear.

Boire strips made the blackheads on my nose worse. They pull at the skin and stretched and inflamed my pores. They are also not very effective at removing the comedones (blackhead plugs). They look like they are working because you can see stuff on the strip but they just break off the tops of the plugs and rarely pull the whole lot out.