Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
needhelp23

leaving whiteheads alone

is it normal for the whiteheads to dry up and become solid? when it's like this, is it finally ok to pick this solid matter off or will it fall off naturally? i had two whiteheads recently that dried up, and i left them there for a few days but they wouldn't go away, so i picked them off, but i didn't pick vigorously, and i washed the area with warm water. i didn't pick at the scab, i've taught myself to not pick at scabs (this is partly because i've learned from the tiny scars that i have, they're barely noticeable, and i feel lucky to have caught myself before i did any further damage. it helps to learn from other's mistakes as well, i.e. my friends, photos of others)

I actually have 2 whiteheads on my cheek right now. They started as red lumps and after a while two heads appeared. Right now the pus inside has dried so the pus is not longer white but a sort of hardish brown. Most of the time afterwards, the dried pus will fall off and that will be the end of the whitehead ( at least for me).

hmm no cause if you think about it, its gonna dry up yeh, but theres till gonna be the "ball" inside your skin, and if thats still in ur pore then it cant close up and heal.

wait for the whitehead to get really big with the "ball" kinda sticking out of it, and then pik it off.

shud have a "hole" in ur skin which will heal and close up by next morning.

i think everythings fine, as long as your not pushing as HARD AS YOU CAN to pop a zit. like if it's just gentle pressure it shouldn't be a big deal. also, i can't wait until i can shave again. it's a damn shame that i started getting acne again as soon as i started growing facial hair. it's like i'm hitting puberty twice.