Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OOTB

Beauty Light Goggles?

Hello, i have been using the beauty light for ten days upto now its going ok, it was going really well untill the last few days when i had some spots come through(just when i started to tell everyone "its working, no spots for days, whohoo". Usually i can feel a sport coming through but using the light stops it before its visible, not so the last few days. I am talking small non aggrivated spots not big red ones, those have almost all but gone.

kinda gutted the last few days but hopefully it will come good again, its still early doors.

Anyway, i have been using the goggles that came with the light and even wrapped some tinfoil on the inside of the goggles but i still get like a blue/green tint to the world after using it, it goes after about 5minutes but this cant be good for my eyes, has anyone found alternatives, should i stop using it if i cant prevent it?

Thanks

Dont worry too much about it, I dont think it would do any harm to the eyes otherwise the people that make beautyskin products would be knee deep in legal shit and it'd probably be all over the news, you know, blown out of proportion like the media like to do.

I used Beautyskin for around 80 days with the goggles and nothing else and my eyesight is the same, the green tinge is quite cool if you ask me.

Also it sounds like you may be experiecning the initial breakout, most of the time it doesnt just start working and then make you get clearer and clearer. With most acne products there is always an IB or purge where all your existing spots come out.

Having said that it didnt work for me so I went on accutane

If it was bothering me like that, I'd black the goggles with paint, or a permanent marker or something...Electrical, or duct tape would do the trick.

Thanks for the feedback, i sent an email to beauty light and they said:

The goggles that you have are the ones that are supplied by the manufacturer

and are suitable for this type of use. We have not had anyone mention this

before.

She also recommended shutting my eyes :think:

I tried the permanent marker but that didnt work, maybe the light is just too strong and will penetrate anything but lead.

I know they would be in trouble for possible effects on eye sight but this is a fairly new product and the long term effects of its use are still to be discovered, i will keep trying to find a solution, no good suing beauty light if anything goes wrong when i wont be able to see the compensation cheque if you know what i mean.

I had an initial purge of sports the first few days nothing major, maybe its just kicking up for the next improvement. I have taken photos and i will post a before and after once my treatment is up, i wish i had taken more before i started the treatment but never mind.

Sorry to hear it didnt work Joe,i know how you must have felt,i have high hopes for this treatment if it doesnt work then i will just accept my fate....or move to a country that has sunshine all year round :wacko:

Good luck with the accutane

some days i don't use the goggles, i just shut my eyes or look to the side (and do the side of my face).

anyway just use the goggles and i'm sure you'll be fine.

tim

some days i don't use the goggles, i just shut my eyes or look to the side (and do the side of my face).

anyway just use the goggles and i'm sure you'll be fine.

tim

Try using tin foil to line the inside of the goggle, or tape tin foil to the outide, and that will totally stop all light from coming through the plastic, if that's what's happening. Regards, Dan