Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cpt

Peeling while using Green Cream + SA BHA Wash

Is it common to peel using a BHA 2% SA Wash (After 1 week), and using Green Cream( Night two, yes I applied it the first two nights)?

When I put my BP and SA Moisturizer on this morning it burned =]

Ouch, it sounds as if you may be doing too much to your skin right now. I would pick one or the other and get completely used to it before you add in the other one. Green Cream can take a while to get used to; you really should try it every two or three days at night and slowly increase frequency of application. Once you're used to it, you can try adding in a medicated wash. I would use a moisturizing, gentle wash until you're adapted to the Green Cream. Get used to the Green Cream over a period of at least a month and a half before you start adding in additional products. You don't want a red, irritated, annoyed face. :(

Well, despite what happened today, I am actually quite tolerant of products/anti-irritant. However, I think I will avoid the BHA Wash because of the Green Cream.

Thanks.

Okay, tonight was night 3, and I'm trying to get some generalizations in. Right now, when I put it on, it makes my face very shiny.

Is this supposed to happen?

Also, what should I expect after 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month?

It always made my skin look shiny, which is why I ended up only using it at night.

I kept a log of my progress with GC, which you are welcome to read ... there's a link in my sig. As I recall, most of my little bumps were gone after 2 months, and all were gone by the end of 3.

When you first started using Green Cream how did you kick it in?

I just added it to everything I did haha. I did it the first 2 nights.

It's night 4 now and I'm not doing it after the flaky peeling. But I might do it tomorrow if my washes do not sting.

Should I do it every other day? And then after a week do it about every day?

I think I used it every other night, but I had to take a night off here and there because of redness and peeling.

Here's what I recommend people do:

First week: once every 3 days

Second week: once every 2 days

Third week: 2 out of 3 days

Fourth week: daily