Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NowakFilip

Dermatology - I Have A Question

Hello Guys,

I decided to go to the dermatology clinic and the doctor gave me the fallowing prescriptions ziana gel, doryx, cleania, and brevoxyl.

My question is if those products that the doctor gave me really help with the acne.

Thanks.

I don't know what the Cleania is, but those other medications are pretty standard acne treatments. Ziana is a retinoid and clindamycin gel/cream, Doryx is an oral antibiotic, and Brevoxyl is some type of benzoyl peroxide. All of those should be pretty effective against acne. You can look those up by their generic names/ingredients elsewhere on this site for more information.

Brevoxyl is a benzoyl peroxide wash. I dont know if it will help you or not because Ive never used it. I was actually supposed to go on that last year when I saw my derm but with insurance it was still to expensive for me, like $100 for a small bottle. I passed and decided to use something else lol Clenia, I am using that now. It is helping my acne so far. Its a sulfer based topical antibiotic. The other two things you mentioned, I havent had experience with so I cannot really tell you if they will work or not

i've been taking doryx..it waorked like anything in the beginning..but stopped now i guess my body got used to it..my derm gave me coupans too..if u go to www.doryx.com they have rebates..so i've been getting it for free :-D