Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brotherz6

Who here has a "significant other"

Hi I feel like I only look good some days and i have a gf and im really starting to be like self concious about how i look... im wondering if therer is anyway to like act teh same because i feel like i act different around her sometimes because im embarrased of my face or something and really im just scared she will leave me or something

Hi I feel like I only look good some days and i have a gf and im really starting to be like self concious about how i look... im wondering if therer is anyway to like act teh same because i feel like i act different around her sometimes because im embarrased of my face or something and really im just scared she will leave me or something

I had a husband for 10 years and he never noticed such things. But then, I think men just see some fuzzy shape with T & A and big hair. I'm afraid women notice more details, but if your girl is worth keeping, she won't mind.

I think an important thing to consider when worrying about your skin and how it will make your significant other react to it, or the way it will make you act differently, is to remember they are not dating your skin, and your skin does not define you as a person. I know that sounds silly, but I've had off and on bad skin basically my entire life, had boyfriends, I've been married for a long time with my first and only husband, had kids, their skin is fine, and did everything a person without acne would do. So what would I consider to be different then? The fact my entire acne-prone life, which has been for about 35 years now, has been spent doing everything a person without acne would do while worrying what my skin looks like doing it!

I really want all of your out there worrying about this to realize that it makes the person with the bad skin feel bad about themselves and feel like they can't be themselves, yet the person interacting with you really doesn't care. If they DO care, then they are NOT the person for you... simple!

Believe me I totally understand the whole staring thing and all that having skin problems involves because I'm in bad skin. But you like who you like because of who they are and not because of their skin or clothes or anything else superficial. It's your heart and soul she is dating, not your skin. So try NOT to clamp up and feel awkward and try to push through your feelings of skin problems and focus on your personality. I've always said a smile will draw anyone's attention away from their skin issues. A kind heart is truly something any girl would love. You're lucky because she already knows you have a problem, and she's still with you. And like I said, if she would be so thoughtless as to break up with you simply bc of your skin, then she would not be worth YOUR time!

Good luck and try to relax. I don't think in all my years being around people I have ever heard of anyone breaking up with someone because of their skin!

I feel exactly the same as everyone, my gf is a stunning blonde with flawless skin. alot of guys want her.. i just feel so embarrased by the few but large pimples i always have...

im the same..i got a girlfriend and on days when my skin is looking ok im far more confident but when my skin isnt doing well its like ehh..i wonder what shes thinking...but shes a great girl and she likes me for who i am so im very fortunate to have her!

Ya man don't let your skin get in between you and your girl... Ruined a 2+ year relationship for me. Not only lost my gf, but my bestfriend, roomie and only person I have ever loved out of like 15 + relationships. I let my skin keep me from taking her out to clubs and parties and in the end she left me for that lifestyle... Can't blame her though she did put up with a lot. Just think how much more depressed and shitty you will feel if she leaves you.

I'm in the same situation. My face tends to get the better of me... I realize though that my girlfriend would be more upset if i complained about it, than actually being upset about my skin.

You've already nabbed her. She was attracted to you with your acne.

Just think about all the things you'll miss out on if you retreat into your hooe.

I know how you feel and its normal...just don't let it dictate your relationship. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years (mind you, I've had acne for 10 years now!! :( )...at first I was SOOOO self-conscious around him, but that's normal. In my case (I think most cases) the first year/months is the most difficult because you're just getting to know each other and first impressions are important...but after a while, if you pass that stage, you learn to be you (and vice versa). If you don't feel comfortable with your significant other, then what's the point? I complain to my BF about my skin all the time...he's gone with me to different doctors, he already knows the products I use etc...as contradicting as it may seem, its really not that important is he or she really loves you....I know its hard, but you'll be fine :)

I have a bf and we started going out when I didn't have acne. (after accutane, before the return of my acne). I was really shy about it when I got acne but then he made me realise that he loves me for who I am. Its actually quite nice to know that he still loves me when I'm less beautiful in the eyes of the world ;) Obviously not really worth having acne to find that out though. I don't complain about it much. I think its bad if you do, you have to believe that you're worthy of their love, and then its more likely that they will agree.

I agree that your attitude to your acne could be a real problem if it stops you enjoying yourself. Think about the other person and be fun to be with. I think focusing less on yourself is a good thing anyway. It seems unlikely that you will get dumped just for having acne, its more likely to be your attitude. If they do dump you for having acne, find someone who values you!

I think we're more worried about our acne than our S/O is.

I mean, they probably wouldn't be with you in the first place if they were THAT superficial.

I was so critical about myself when it came to my face. I'd be like, "Ew, why are you kissing my face, you realize you just kissed a zit right!?" He'd be like, "So?!"

I think I was more grossed out about it than he was. Plus I always figured the bacteria in his spit made it worse.

Now that I'm clear, the only difference in him is always wanting to pet my face because its so smooth.

His quote: "Everyone picks out their own flaws, but the world sees it from a completely different angle."

My bf has flawless skin

Great looking guy with deep dimples and a smile to die for

I get self-concious sometimes but he always says that he loves me for what i am and what i am not and everything in between

So you if your gf loves you...she should love everything about you

=]