Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oOo

Personality Versus Appearance Age Poll

Personality Versus Appearance  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do people care about more? Personality or Looks?

• Appearances (10-17)
    • Appearances (18-28)
    • Appearances (29+)
    • Personality (10-17)
    • Personality (18-28)
    • Personality (29+)

Recently, I've read a lot of posts about personality and appearances. Some people say that looks don't matter, while others say that personality doesn't matter. When it comes to relationships and how people perceive others, what do you think they care about more? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just wanted to see the age group you were in and your position.

I'm open to suggestions how to fix up the poll, and if moderators think this is a topic that will cause problems feel free to close / delete it.

I care about my personal appearance far too much, but in regards to

others, I'm much more receptive to people with a good peronality no

matter how they look.

Both matter, however personality is more of a force in how I perceive people. I think as you get older you are more willing to go past that first impression based on a person's appearance, so you judge people based on who they are as a whole & not just how they look.

Also, personality can influence how someone carries themself, and even grooms, and that affects how they look to others also.

I prefer personality and character. Looks fade. I mean, not that they aren't important to an extent, but they're not more important than love or connection. If you date someone just for looks, then what happens if they person gets shot in the face or loses a limb? Would you still love them just the same?

Guest Renelle

i must be slow... it took me awhile to figure out that poll!

Appearance matters to me in a very simple way. Someone with poor hygiene is not fun to be around. I don't care how charismatic they are. If they smell funky, it's unpleasant.

However, personality is far higher on my list. I assume when people say "appearance", they mean more than just typical bathing, but rather how in with fashion they are, on any level. I really could care less about that. As long as they're personality is great, I don't care how into the fads they are.

Appearance matters to me in a very simple way. Someone with poor hygiene is not fun to be around. I don't care how charismatic they are. If they smell funky, it's unpleasant.

Appearance matters to me in a very simple way. Someone with poor hygiene is not fun to be around. I don't care how charismatic they are. If they have pimples/ugly skin, it's unpleasant.

I could easily see someone else saying exactly this

Appearance matters to me in a very simple way. Someone with poor hygiene is not fun to be around. I don't care how charismatic they are. If they have pimples/ugly skin, it's unpleasant.

I could easily see someone else saying exactly this

Except that's most definitely not what I was saying. e_e Someone with incredible hygiene can also have bad acne. That's why I left that out.