Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrew3

Don't know what to do now

Hi,

I've been on acne.org regimen for ~9 months. Been reading this board a lot.. I don't touch my face, sleep with no pillow, carefully follow Dan's regimen instructions. It helped with my acne a lot. Jojoba oil helps with flakiness throughout the day, yet still every morning I wake with flaky skin. REDNESS - it looks horrible, my face is so red, tried doing bp once a day instead of twice - acne comes back. I had no confidence with acne, now I have no confidence with red face. Not sure what's better: acne or red face and flaky skin each morning :(

The doctor won't prescribe me accutane, because she doesn't think my acne is bad enough.

So I'm lost now and so down, well.. people who had acne for a long time probably know how I feel :(

Emu Oil, emu oil, emu oil! I am not kidding, it is the best thing i have ever used on my skin, and I have used 100s of products since I was in my teens. It actually helps acne-prone skin and calms redness and inflammation and moisturizes better than anything else because it is the only moisturizer that can penetrate every layer of the skin. I get mine from lurebeauty.com because theirs has no smell like some companies and they also have the option of adding an essential oil ... You can get a sample from them too if you want to try it first for about 2.99 and you get a good amount. I have tried EVERYTHING and this is my Holy Grail moisturizer!

Here is where you can get it - LureBeauty.com, platinumskincare.com, longviewfarms , im sure there are tons of sites!

Here is more info on it:

Emu Oil is renown as being one of the only moisturizers able to deeply penetrate all five epidermis layers of the skin providing nutrients like (EFA) - essential fatty acids Omega-3 & Omega-6. This is what gives Emu Oil its moisturizing, pain relieving, and anti-inflammatory capabilities. Research has shown emu oil can thicken the skin, which reduces the appearance of aging. It is a natural emollient and moisturizer which contains no steriods, hormones or harmful chemicals. Emu Oil is an anti-inflammatory which is great for acne and will not clog pores. Emu Oil WILL NOT cause breakouts, and actually HELPS HEAL acne-prone skin. Emu Oil helps to thicken and replenish skin to reduce wrinkles and those signs of aging. Use Emu Oil as a daily moisturizer on the face by smoothing a few drops over the entire face and neck area. It only takes a few drops on your fingertips, then rub together in your hands and rub on the face and neck, including around the eye area.

Emu Oil, emu oil, emu oil! I am not kidding, it is the best thing i have ever used on my skin, and I have used 100s of products since I was in my teens. It actually helps acne-prone skin and calms redness and inflammation and moisturizes better than anything else because it is the only moisturizer that can penetrate every layer of the skin. I get mine from lurebeauty.com because theirs has no smell like some companies and they also have the option of adding an essential oil ... You can get a sample from them too if you want to try it first for about 2.99 and you get a good amount. I have tried EVERYTHING and this is my Holy Grail moisturizer!

Here is where you can get it - LureBeauty.com, platinumskincare.com, longviewfarms , im sure there are tons of sites!

Here is more info on it:

Emu Oil is renown as being one of the only moisturizers able to deeply penetrate all five epidermis layers of the skin providing nutrients like (EFA) - essential fatty acids Omega-3 & Omega-6. This is what gives Emu Oil its moisturizing, pain relieving, and anti-inflammatory capabilities. Research has shown emu oil can thicken the skin, which reduces the appearance of aging. It is a natural emollient and moisturizer which contains no steriods, hormones or harmful chemicals. Emu Oil is an anti-inflammatory which is great for acne and will not clog pores. Emu Oil WILL NOT cause breakouts, and actually HELPS HEAL acne-prone skin. Emu Oil helps to thicken and replenish skin to reduce wrinkles and those signs of aging. Use Emu Oil as a daily moisturizer on the face by smoothing a few drops over the entire face and neck area. It only takes a few drops on your fingertips, then rub together in your hands and rub on the face and neck, including around the eye area.

I know it worked for me. They actually use the product on burn victims, supposedly it works more effectively than painkillers. You can do a search on google for emu oil on burn victims, emu oil ... or emu oil for redness, emu oil for flakiness.

It works with people with rosacea also ... Also, since it penetrates all layers of the skin, you put your treatment on and then emu oil on top and it helps "push" the products deeper into the skin, helping your products work faster and more effectively. You can search on google, there are so many articles and medical information.

here is one article I found:

Esta Kronberg, a dermatologist specializing in Dermatologic Surgery and Cosmetic Dermatology, is just one of a growing number of medical experts that are taking a closer look at emu oil -------------

Well known in the Houston medical field where her practice has been located for the past 13 years, Kronberg's goal is to provide her patients with the best skin care possible. Also on the medical advisory board for the publication Derma, she has been quoted in magazines such as Good Housekeeping, Allure and Glamour. Her treatments embrace acute skin care problems including burns, skin disease, psoriasis, roacea, eczema, as well as anti-aging and general skin improvement treatments.

While some dermatologists may continually treat skin care patients with routine medicine, Kronberg, in an effort to keep pace with advances in both conventional and alternative medicine, utilizes the best of both for the patient's benefit.

"A lot of times an emu oil product is my first choice, even though I can choose any prescription that I wish, and the irony is the emu oil works so well," concedes Kronberg.

Kronberg's husband, Bill Davis, was the first of the pair to be introduced to emu oil. ---------- " I read a small article in a chemical magazine that discussed the benefits of emu oil and mentioned that it was an excellent moisturizer. It caught my attention because we're always looking for pharmaceutical grade, highly purified, high quality products for our (skin care products) program. And our belief is that although there are many products on the market, better can always be located. And so it was we found emu oil."

After Davis obtained several emu oil samples, he began sharing some with acquaintances. One such individual was a woman about to undergo a plastic surgery treatment on her neck. Davis explained that the procedure is painful, irritating to the skin and results in redness as well as blistering and scabbing.

"Familiar with our (skin care) product program, she inquired if we had something that could help," says Davis. "I told her we were experimenting with a wonderful moisturizer, and suggested she give it a try. I sent her a sample, and a request that she let me know how it worked. After using the oil pre-and postsurgery she reported that she experienced minimal pain with no blistering or scabbing whatsoever. On her first checkup with her surgeon, she noted that he was visibly impressed with her wound's rapid progression and questioned her as to what she was using because she had not disclosed that she wasn't using the product he normally recommends. And this was our first real clue that this product indeed has not only anti-inflammatory capabilities, but much more."

A short time after that incident, Davis supplied an acquaintance, who is a nurse, with an oil sample. He explains that this woman was on leave from a dermatology office (located in a psoriasis treatment center) because her own 10 year experience with sever psoriasis was not subsiding.

Recalls Davis, "Her first report a week later was that she was already experiencing relief. Her itching was subsiding, the discoloration was fading and she requested more oil! We ran into her at a drug conference in California just three weeks later, and we didn't recognize her at first. She was wearing short sleeves for the first time in ten years, because it was a large portion of her arms and legs that had been affected."

"I couldn't' believe what I saw and asked her to let me have a closer examination," says Kronberg. "What I found was that her psoriasis was almost completely resolved!"

------------ So the couple stepped up their research into the oil's properties and Kronberg began using it on patients - but not just anyone. She remarks, "I give it to the worst patients with extremely severe problems, such as burns, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, and I've been extremely pleased with the results. It brings immediate relief to a lot of individuals, and as a result, I have a lot of happy patients."

She continued, "We have patients that come in that have had laser resurfacing or bad chemical peels somewhere else and are severely burned. We give them the emu oil as an application and it calms things down tremendously and keeps the skin from scarring. We also use the oil on sores that haven't initially healed. And on patients with severe rosacea, emu oil calms down the redness of skin and inflammation of blood vessels, and they don't break out even though it's an oil. This is because the oil is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores).

I've observed that the oil has an extreme anti-inflammatory response and is a healing aid. Even when my topically applied steroids and antibiotics don't work well on rosacea patients, once applied, the emu oil will calm things down and the report immediate relief."

Another area in her practice that Kronberg uses emu oil as a treatment is before-and-after application to sites of laser tatoo removal. She relates that the oil stops the initial onset of discomfort from stinging and pain associated with this procedure and that it encourages a superior and faster healing process.

Kronberg also uses the oil on young patients. She relates, "It's great for using on kids getting their shots. If you medicate the area prior to injection with emu oil (emu oil only, no anesthetic), and then directly afterwards, it diminishes discomfort and they don't get achy and irritable later on." Konberg says that she uses the oil for the same objective herself when administering shots before traveling abroad.

She's not the only doctor with an interest in using the oil to block pain before and after an injection procedure. Dr. William Code of Duncan, British Columbia, has researched the advantages of using emu oil with the local anesthetic Lidocaine and has delivered several discourses on his research findings. And there's even been a patent involving this same function for the oil. The patent "Compositions Comprising Lidocaine and Emu Oil and Methods of Use Thereof" was granted to inventor David Rivlin in 1997.

Davis is very excited and optimistic about the utilization of emu oil in medical procedures and relates he thinks that emu oil lives up what it's been reported to do - as a "bioactive transport," in that it has the capability to carry other ingredients into the skin. "It actually takes the ingredients into the skin with it as long as the ingredient molecule is small enough to penetrate the skin. And since it takes it quickly, we tend to see things improve faster."

Adds Davis, "And our feeling is that if at all possible, start the healing process prior to a procedure in order to accelerate the body's ability to heal itself. Emu oil is doing that. We believe that if you can prep the skin with the oil in advance of a procedure, similar to prepping your body prior to a marathon, chances are that the healing process will be dramatically improved, and that's what we've found. We're actually able to see a 50 percent improvement time with patients recovering from laser resurfacing, where they're going back to work in just two weeks, vs. four weeks or more, and with no blisters or scabs!"

Try some of the moisturizers from the members here ,the products they advice are used for a long period so you know what to expect.

May I ask which cleanser you wash your face?

Try some of the moisturizers from the members here ,the products they advice are used for a long period so you know what to expect.

May I ask which cleanser you wash your face?

Taurine is a great supplement against acne! Look here! In the Nutrition & Holistic health forum you find many good ways to help your acne. Like green smoothies, ACV, psyllium and other supplements... I'm beginning to really get clear now!!

Latest two things I did was change from a razor to electrical shaver, and only cleanse face with warm water. It helps me!

Hi,

I've been on acne.org regimen for ~9 months. Been reading this board a lot.. I don't touch my face, sleep with no pillow, carefully follow Dan's regimen instructions. It helped with my acne a lot. Jojoba oil helps with flakiness throughout the day, yet still every morning I wake with flaky skin. REDNESS - it looks horrible, my face is so red, tried doing bp once a day instead of twice - acne comes back. I had no confidence with acne, now I have no confidence with red face. Not sure what's better: acne or red face and flaky skin each morning :(

The doctor won't prescribe me accutane, because she doesn't think my acne is bad enough.

So I'm lost now and so down, well.. people who had acne for a long time probably know how I feel :(

The BP works well ,but in order for the regimen to work ,you need a good moisturizer to 'balance' the BP. Finding a good moisturizer is quite difficult.

A lot of people say the moisturizer from Dans doesn't moist enough :think: .

Salicylic acid is another treatment for acne. I use lacsal serum which works great.

I agree regarding the balancing, which is why I use the moisturizer I do to help the bp work more effectively ...

Here is more info on it:

I have not been able to find it in stores, I think Lurebeauty accepts checks and money orders, just go to their site and then send them an email, they answer emails VERY VERY fast from my experience.

I have not been able to find it in stores, I think Lurebeauty accepts checks and money orders, just go to their site and then send them an email, they answer emails VERY VERY fast from my experience.

The BP works well ,but in order for the regimen to work ,you need a good moisturizer to 'balance' the BP. Finding a good moisturizer is quite difficult.

Can you reccomend something? I tried danielkern.com and eucerin 5% urea, thanks

I would suggest 100% Pure Fully Refined & Molecularly Distilled. This final process maintains all beneficial properties (fatty acid profiles) in tact and removes all impurities and contaminants such as heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, arsenic and other cancer-causing toxins. This final process offers the purchaser/consumer the absolute cleanest, purest, safest and highest quality Emu oil ... You can probably search on the internet if you are not sure :)