Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bumlife

Currently on accutane but....

hello all,

i am currently on isotane 20mg 4 pills a day, which i take all at once after eating dinner. I actually have very nice skin, apart from 4 large bumpy pimples that are always there, they will come and last for about a week and a half, then as they go down more will come in other places. I have been on isotane for about 8 weeks, and on 4 pills a day for about 2 weeks, but im still getting these large pimples. They just ruin my face! I cleanse morning and night, and moisturise, and try get rid of the large pimples with benzoyl peroxide, clean and clear cream. How do i get rid of them so they go faster? and how do I stop them!? anyone else in my situation...

I'm in your situation except it only gets worse. I would reallly really strongly advise you to ask your doctor if you could perhaps go on prednisone. Accutane really works for acne, but unless you take it for a realllllly long time you wont notice much on the cysts and sometimes it doesnt even work. (Like for me) Prednisone is a anti-inflammatory steroid, with a few scary side effects, but i dont get any so if you are willing to try it I would highly reccomend it, dont want you to end up with scars like me for waiting too long.

Thank you, will inquire about that, but is there anything else i can do? Just wana get rid of them as fast as possible!

Honestly besides icing not much. Prednsone will make them go away within a week. I sware, its the only thing that has ever worked for me and my friend... its weird but please try it and let me know how FAST it clears you :)