Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryder23

What type of shower is best?

So what kind of shower should i be having in the morning?

Long- Hot

Long- Cool

Short- Hot

Short- Cool..

etc, etc

Thanks

I guess the answer to this is simple, don't allow your skin to get water logged i.e. wrinkly, this isn't good for the skin. And don't have the water hot to the point that your skin turns red, it may not feel like it, but this is burning your skin which will aggravate acne.

Your best bet is to have a moderately long warm shower and if you feel you want to clear your pores even more, steam your face. Do this by filling a large bowl with boiling water, hold your face roughly 20-30cm above the water draping a towel over your head and surrounding the bowl. Do this before having a shower so that your pores will have opened right up for your shower!

Thanks.

Can you tell me what opened pores will look like and how i know when there open? im still quite new to this. and when there open what do i do? thanks

Everyone has their own preferences. There is no wrong way to take a shower as far as I know :shrug: I personally take fifteen to twenty minutes showers with hot water but when I wash my face I turn it down to warm.

What do you guys wash your face with? not like shampoo or anything right?

Ok well anyways im going off topic here but i need to get a couple of answers.

What is exfoliating and how do i do it?

What are open pores, are they good, how do i know when my pores are open, how do i do it?

What the best solution to pimples? i have some proactive creams i put on a night but i dont see any improvments.

This is what im doing at night...

Wash hands

Wash face

Put on pro-active... step 1, 2 and 3, and i leave on step 3.

Then i put some toothpaste on my pimpled area...

then overtop of the toothepaste i put the proactive paste stuff.

then i leave it on overnight... if this bad? or good?

What should i be puttingon my face to get rid of these pimples and stupid acne?

When should i kno when to pop a pimple? mine are all very white right now.. in the morning will it be ok? how do i do it properly? is it supposed to bleed? cuz mine does somtimes...

What is a quick- overnight fix to pimples?

What are some good homemade products that are good for the face i can apply...

Is greentea good? to dab on the face or to drink?

Thank you.

What do you guys wash your face with? not like shampoo or anything right?

Ok well anyways im going off topic here but i need to get a couple of answers.

What is exfoliating and how do i do it?

What are open pores, are they good, how do i know when my pores are open, how do i do it?

What the best solution to pimples? i have some proactive creams i put on a night but i dont see any improvments.

This is what im doing at night...

Wash hands

Wash face

Put on pro-active... step 1, 2 and 3, and i leave on step 3.

Then i put some toothpaste on my pimpled area...

then overtop of the toothepaste i put the proactive paste stuff.

then i leave it on overnight... if this bad? or good?

What should i be puttingon my face to get rid of these pimples and stupid acne?

When should i kno when to pop a pimple? mine are all very white right now.. in the morning will it be ok? how do i do it properly? is it supposed to bleed? cuz mine does somtimes...

What is a quick- overnight fix to pimples?

What are some good homemade products that are good for the face i can apply...

Is greentea good? to dab on the face or to drink?

Thank you.

Hey man,

Exfoliation is getting rid of dead skin cells that are sitting on the surface of your skin. Thats what your step 1 of your proactive kit is for. It contains little beads in the cleanser that rub on your skin and take off that dead skin. You can't really "tell" when your pores are open unless you have a microscrope or gigantic pores.

I wouldn't worry to much about even washing your face while in the shower, I usually just focus on my body and then wash my face after im out of the shower and my hair and body is dried off. As far as temperature goes... Im a little different from most people. I like to have a boiling hot shower, avoiding water my face, and just befor Im going to get out of the shower I will turn the hot water completley off and endure the freezing water for as long as I can.

As far as cleansing goes... Good job on washing the hands, very important thing to do to prevent spreading bacteria further. I would steam your face for a good 5 - 10 minutes get the pores opened up, use your step one. Don't rub it too hard though you dont want to shred your skin, just nice and gentle for good 30 - 60 secs. Then when you wash off I suggest using warm water to get the residue off and then use cold to help shrink your pores once your skin is clear. Then use a towel to PAT dry, not rub dry, Pat! You don't want to rub dead skin cells into those freshly cleansed pores now do ya? Then with a cotton ball or a cosmetic pad, drip about 5 - 6 dabs of your toner onto the ball/pad and do a couple of strokes over your face gently then let AIR dry. Make sure your face is dried befor applying your BP and don't over apply it. I know some people say to apply liberal amounts but I dont agree. Your pore is only going to absorb so much and the rest is a waste. Once that dries up I would just use the mask on your spots, I wouldnt bother with the toothpaste. The reason people suggest toothpaste is that alot of them contain a mild form of salicylic acid and you don't need that once you already have the BP on as it is somewhat counter-productive. SA gets into the pore to deep clean, whereas the step 1 deposits BP into your pores so your better off to just stick to spot treatment with the mask.

Your pimple will tell you when its ready to pop because it won't take much effort. If you can't see a head leave that sucker alone unless you are aiming to make some scars. I know it's hard and I don't always take my own advice but thats what should be done. IF however you do want to pop a red bump I suggest you squeeze that bastard until just blood or clear fluid is coming out, then put on a nice glob of that sulphur mask. It will help to suck up that excess oil and prevent it from forming new sores AND it goes deep into your pore to grab the rest of that bacteria.

As far as homemade products go ... I dunno much about that man. But for Greentea I love the shit! I don't use it on my skin... But I will drink probably a good five or six pots a day if im just sitting around the house. Days I work I only get around two pots. Just remember to include plain water in your diet, sure tea is like water but it is not the same.

Allright man hope that answers a few of your questions, good luck with your face!

Hooah that helped alot. Thanks alot man.

I also added your msn if you dont mind, seeing as you know alot of this stuff.

Thanks alot!

AH! i hate proactiv! be consistent with it or else you'll pay............

Can you tell me what you mean? becuase ive actually had somthing like this happen..

Ive been using it for about 2 weeks or so.. somtimes i just forget to put it on or im too lazy or my brother took it to a friends over night... and ive noticed that im getting alot more pimples and acne...

Also i only use it when i go to bed becuase i wake up at like 12- 1.

Is there somthing i should change or....

AH! i hate proactiv! be consistent with it or else you'll pay............

Can you tell me what you mean? becuase ive actually had somthing like this happen..

Ive been using it for about 2 weeks or so.. somtimes i just forget to put it on or im too lazy or my brother took it to a friends over night... and ive noticed that im getting alot more pimples and acne...

Also i only use it when i go to bed becuase i wake up at like 12- 1.

Is there somthing i should change or....

maybe its just me. but before proactiv. i had very little acne like 3 with no redness at all. when i used proactiv, yea....my skin did get better. and i thought that was the end but nope....my face got ALOT worse o man.....so red and irritated and i started to get the big kind of pimples the one that hurt. went back to it, was consistent and it started to clear up again. i dont believe in topicals anymore so i stopped, i broke out again. but now im clearing up. i believe in vitamins and stuff. i dont get as many pimples as before and if i do theyre small. i just suffer from facial redness and cheetah spots. just sleep on your back ahaha, im not kidding it helps a lot.