Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BoAFaN

Zinc and Fish oil Supplements

Question!!

Do i just pop in both fish oil capsule and zinc tablet together with a meal, or fish oil AFTER meal and zinc tablet during meal , or whatever . Any suggestions??

I take 2 or 3 fish oil capsules a day. Please help me . Thanks .

I do both - it's fine.

I take 2 fish oil tabs (300 mg of omega-3 per tab) during my two meals a day (lunch and dinner) and then after I finish eating I take the zinc. Just be sure not to drink anything when you eat and for like an ~hour after you eat to let everything digest.

hmm .. so .. u take the zinc tablet after dinner?? o.0

and i read that water actually doesnt interfere with digestion. it actually helps to digest. o.0

It's okay to drink some water, just don't drink too much. A cup or two is fine, try to avoid drinking any more than that during your meals.

Fish oil, take with a high-fat meal. Zinc, take with the meal with the lowest amounts of phytic acid (which is found in grains, legumes, potatoes, nuts, and seeds).

For some people (me), zinc makes you nauseas if you eat it on an empty or slightly empty stomach. I have to eat it mid-meal and it has to be a larger meal (a snack will not do!). I tried doing it after meals, but its a hit/miss scenario.

I take fish oil randomly, b/f meals, after meals, in between meals, etc. (but not if I am eating salmon b/c thats a waste of $$ in pills obviously :)). If someone believes taking fish oil at a specific time is better, I would love to hear why.