Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Initial Breakouts...

Just wondering who has experienced initial breakouts on bcp?? does everyone get them? i am about to start my second pack of Diane 35 and my face seems to have gotten worse. I really hope this is just a case of it getting worse before it gets better because i really want my face to clear up (obviously! haha). Just wondering how long peoples initial breakouts lasted for? Did they come and go quickly? Are we talking months or weeks? Any info will be helpful!! Thanks!

Just wondering who has experienced initial breakouts on bcp?? does everyone get them? i am about to start my second pack of Diane 35 and my face seems to have gotten worse. I really hope this is just a case of it getting worse before it gets better because i really want my face to clear up (obviously! haha). Just wondering how long peoples initial breakouts lasted for? Did they come and go quickly? Are we talking months or weeks? Any info will be helpful!! Thanks!

Hi, i have the same problem as you! just started my second pack of dianette, been taking it for almost 5 weeks now. i have noticed my skin is less greasy but on my seven day break i had an awful breakout! before starting dianette i had mild/moderate acne on my chin but no where else on my face, now have painful spots on my cheeks aswell as my chin! wondering if it is an initial breakout and it will clear up or if dianette just isnt for me..

I have just swapped from dianette (which i was on for 2 years) to Yasmin which unforuntately is causing major havoc to my skin. Im on my 3rd pack now and whilst my skin is starting to settle slightly i fear it will only be a few more weeks till I break out again. However, I experienced the same hormonal changes when i first started dianette, and after 6 months experienced noticeable improvement and had clear skin within the year. I intend on sticking out the Yasmin, with the hope that the hormones will eventually begin settle down. Initial breakouts are very common when starting a new BCP, as your body needs to adjust to the hormonal changes. I would say the "normal" initial breakout stage is within the first 5-6 months. After 6 months with no improvement, it would seem that the BCP simply isnt working for you.

Holy crap 5-6 month is a REALLY long IB. They usually say give a pill 3 months. But ALL bc pills have broken me out since day 1 thus far....I can't ever stick it out. Cysts are awful and I usually dont have them unless im on a bc.

I had exactly the same problem on Dianette - I was starting my second pack and my skin seemed to be getting worse and I really was ready to throw in the towel. However, just three weeks later and I have finished my second pack and I can honestly say my skin hasn't been this good for ages. I've still got a few small spots round my mouth and chin but hardly noticeable really. The only problem I've got now is getting rid of the red marks the previous spots left behind!