Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monogato

What do you guys think about blending products?

Since it's really difficult finding 2.5% BP products here in South Korea, I've been thinking what if I blend 5% BP product with some non-irritating moisturizer to lower the concentration.

I could apply 5% products but I'm afraid it might be too irritating or drying.

I'm thinking of blending DDF 5% BP Gel and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, in the ratio of 1:1.

So, what is your opinion about blending products?

Since it's really difficult finding 2.5% BP products here in South Korea, I've been thinking what if I blend 5% BP product with some non-irritating moisturizer to lower the concentration.

I could apply 5% products but I'm afraid it might be too irritating or drying.

I'm thinking of blending DDF 5% BP Gel and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, in the ratio of 1:1.

So, what is your opinion about blending products?

I'd say that's a good idea. The only problem I can think of at the moment is that the two products might not be stable in a mixture long term. You should either mix them in your hand as needed, or only mix a few days worth of product to prevent any long term interaction.

Absorption of the BP might also be affected, but probably not too badly. I know that I and some others here have had good results applying moisturizer before BP, which would have even more of an effect on BP absorption.

Try it, and let us know how it goes.

I've wondered about that too...I don't have access to the usual 5% BP i get, so I got the 10% BP that's very drying and hard to spread on my face. It would be really nice to mix it in with my Olay moisturizer....

It should be fine to mix a BP product with your moisturizer. The only thing I would avoid is mixing a salicylic acid product with anything else, as you don't want to alter the pH.