Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yeh few weeks ago i posted about this product asking if anyone used it but at that time i only googled it and didnt know much about it just poped up on my search but two days i was watching oxygen channel (i think that was oxygen channel) but anyways i watching Janice dickonson modeling agency marathon and the sensiclear producers came to her because they wanted bad skin models and she presented them to the sensiclear guy and he picked 12 models and told them to use sensiclear for 28 days and the one who benifits from it the most will be the face of sensiclear and the girl that won did have huge difference in before n after i just thought i might share to bad i already went to the dermo or else i would ve tried the free sample version.

I purchased sensi clear one week ago for my 14 year old nephew who was suffering terribly from acne. He plays sports and does not take good care of his skin. After one week of using the product, he has had a noticeable improvement. We are all amazed at such a difference in such a short period of time. His confidence in his appearance has improved. We can’t wait to see how he will look next week! Go to *MOD EDIT - please, no mentions of specific places to buy an item - looks too advertisey - thank you* to order this amazing product. It worked wonders for my nephew in a short period of time.

Edited by Wynne
removed store name

I've never used this "Sensiclear" system, but from looking at the ingredients, I'm wondering how much it could actually help anyone. I suppose people whom benefit from exposure to SA, would find it useful, but for others? I have my doubts as to whether or not this system is even as effective as "Proactive". For starters, the cleanser actually contains SLS... (clogs pores)

And WTF is "Retextra"? Is it anything more than a fancy name?

Has anyone reading this ever tried this system as well as Proactive, and/or the DKR? How did it compare?

Also, anyone out there know more about the ingredients mentioned below?

Below are the ingredients, both 'active' and 'inactive', contained in the "Sensiclear" Product line:

Cleanser:

Ingredients

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth-3 Tributyl Citrate, Benzophenone-4,

Toner:

Ingredients

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, Benzophenone -4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Sulfite, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, BH

Treatment Lotion:

Ingredients

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, C12-16 Alcohols, Hdi/Trimethylol Hex

Spot Treatment:

Ingredients

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxanem, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, C12-16 Alcohols, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Sodium Cocamidopropyl P

I have tried both Proactive and Sensi Clear and just about every other over the counter product out there. Proactiv sort of worked for me but it dried out my skin. I am at the age where fine lines are starting in so I started my search for a better acne product. I saw Sensi Clear on the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency Show and figured I would give it a shot. Here is what happened to my skin after only 3 weeks. Not only did it turn my face red but it broke me out worse then before. I now have zits on my forehead and NECK! I have never in my life had a zit on my neck and my forehead hardly ever breaks out. Uusally I only get zits on my chin and nose. SO needless to say I stopped using it immediately. I am sure everyones skin is different and it might actually work for some people. However, I am not one of those people. Buyer beware.

Also, on a side note. I started using Prescriptives acne serum and it cleared up most of the disaster Sensi Clear embarked on my face.

I just ordered the free trial....hope it works?! does anyone think it has helped them with acne scars also?! THANKS

Tried it, and well.... it smells good, but offers less salicylic acid than regular OTC stuff. I don't really see how many of the ingredients are helpful at all--the sodium lareth sulfate--my derm told me to never put that on my face and even told me to try to avoid it at all... so that was upsetting to see on the back of the bottle!

I did the free trial and although it feels and smells great, I haven't noticed the promised improvements that the commercials and "articles" offer. I think it's kind of a gimmick, and really, that's sad considering how many people are desperate for a solution ( i know i was...). Anyhow, that's my 2 cents!~

p.s.--make sure you know when your free trial ends. I forgot to cancel it (I haven't even used it for a month yet!) and they are already sending another and charging me for it. :/ yeah. not really surprising, but beware.