Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jolian

EM Concealer Problems

The cult thread is about to get its 60th page, so I figured I might as well make a separate thread.

I have a lot of application issues with EM concealers.

I've tried applying them wet, but the wet concealer on my under eye area gets this very noticeable powdery look on it after it dries. I've tried using moisturizer and mineral concealer, as well as water and mineral concealer. I also have tried applying the wet concealer with a brush as well as with my finger, plus a combination of both. I followed Wynne's recommendations (a drop of moisturizer plus a dime of the concealer), and I still got the powdery layer.

What am I doing wrong? Should I try non-mineral concealers, then?

Yep, that's what I do. I use CG's concealer stick in medium. Works like a charm. It's creamy, so you don't have to worry about it being powdery. Doesn't break me out either.

Just put the concealer on top of a layer or two of your EM foundation (that's what I do, because I need extra coverage) then lightly dust on another thin layer of the foundation (or finishing dust) to blend in some, and so that the concealer won't get swiped away with your brush.

I actually never use the EM concealer wet. I use it dry. I have my best luck covering my gigantic dark and blue veins next to my eyes using a small brush to paint on multiple layers using the dry concealer (or just intensive foundation -I find they cover equally well) after applying my foundation. It doesn't totally eliminate them, but it makes them FAR less noticeable. I've just ordered my first ever creme concealer by Revlon - it will be here in about a week. If it works I'll let you know. :)

For under my eye I prefer a cream concealer because my skin there is not oily, so I don't need a powder to control oil. I like Benefit's boi-ing concealer.

For blemishes I do sometimes use a slightly damp brush, or I buff it over spots dry. Have you tried buffing it over a spot dry? Kind of use the concealer brush the same way as your large brush, but just buffing over the smaller areas that need concealer.

When I was first sampling various mineral makeups I still used a stick concealer and it worked fine with minerals, so you may just try a non-mineral concealer.

For blemishes I do sometimes use a slightly damp brush, or I buff it over spots dry. Have you tried buffing it over a spot dry? Kind of use the concealer brush the same way as your large brush, but just buffing over the smaller areas that need concealer.

I've tried dry buffing my wet concealer with the EM kabuki brush (the long-handled one) as well as my favorite liquid foundation brush. I still get this powdery look. Sometimes I seems like I have scales when I do that. I touch the "scale" and a bunch of powder comes out :eh: . That, and I can see the marks the bristles left in the make-up.

Maybe I'm making it too wet?