Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
person24

2 1/2 years after finishing accutane

ok, i finished taking roaccutane 2 1/2 years ago and not had a single spot since, i actually cant really remember what its like to have acne at all!!! its been ages, but i wouldnt be back on this site if i didnt need help. cause i do badly. im still left with roaccutane side affects wich play a very large part in my life still, they arent something i cant ignore. dry lips may not sound like a big deal but trust me its awfull, my lips peel and it never stops i half to re apply lip moisturiser every hour or so and i cannot go anywhere without it, but even then i constantly have to lick my lips, i think its because of the dry lips ive developed a constant habbit of chewing and grinding my teeth constantly or always moving my mouth wich im not describing very well but im 100% sure its linked to using roaccutane, im also very depressed constanly but i cant say for sure if thats roaccutane or not,

does anyone know how i can stop the dry lips for good? or had anything like what i have with grinding the teeth thing?

ok ill research that and see what it is, last night i was reading one of your topics, i think it was u anyway, u regret going on accutane dont u?

ok ill research that and see what it is, last night i was reading one of your topics, i think it was u anyway, u regret going on accutane dont u?

really? ah nice one, i see ur in london so i should be able to get hold of it, ill google it cause seriously something needs to change, its been well over 2 years now and its not even eased up it constantly affects my life, doing my head in !!!

hey man, so its like you exchanged 1 problem for another(s?) nice and you exchanged with the most noticable one. is it depression or sadness? try vaseline lip therapy. its most likely that tane causes some depression and did you completely heal from emotional and psycholical effects from acne?

I dont know what to suggest about the lips but as far as grinding the teeth goes only thing i can suggest is a night guard. I have a horrible habbit myself, I have been grinding my teeth since I was born, not sure if this was part of my father abandoning us or what... But ya go see your dentist about a mouthguard OR if you dont have dental you can always buy a sports mouth guard, the kind that you heat in water and then put in your mouth so it forms to your teeth. Don't ignore your prob though, I woke up one morning and I actually chipped my front tooth from grinding my teeth, thankfully my dentist is the shit and not only did he fix it for free, he did work on a couple other flaws for nothing!

i do the grinding too and like other suggest that you get a night guard. althought it will not stop your problems it will take care of your teeth before you start chewing at them. Be aware of the headaches you may start getting at some point. There's no fix for "bruxism", sad but i've been everywhere and seen all the pros and doctors, and nothing. Good luck to you

really? ah nice one, i see ur in london so i should be able to get hold of it, ill google it cause seriously something needs to change, its been well over 2 years now and its not even eased up it constantly affects my life, doing my head in !!!