Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Because it's a retinoid and it's gonna make my face peel however I'm not sure how to go about this. Do I continue to use it? (I use it every other night). And should I use a facial scrub? I have this microdermabrasion kit by O'lay. Only thing is my skin is uber sensitive and I'm not sure if that's a wise thing or not.

What do you think I should do? Continue to let it peel and just use my basic wash and lotions? Should I hold back on the GC?

I wouldn't mess with the microdermabrasion kit right now.

I use Aquapor (kinda like vaseline) on days when my skin gets pink after peeling. LacHydrin5 (they sell it at our local CVS) it's a lotion with lactic acid in it, helps get the dead skin off. My other cream is CeraVe.. (some ppl like it, some don't)

In other words, stay moisturized.

Try a mellow method of exfoliation. I like the babybrush method because I can really control how hard I rub with it.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...mp;hl=babybrush

Oh, & don't be afraid to take an extra night off if your skin needs it.

Hope that helps you some. :)

Yes it did! In many different ways too! I don't have a baby brush but I think I'll just leave the skin alone for now. Nonetheless, I am so happy you said you used Cerave. Mainly because when I saw my Derm. she says she was gonna give me a sample of that stuff (but we both forgot) and after I left I was like what was the name of that stuff she told me...But thanks to you now I know it's not Cetaphil...I hate that stuff =P Thanks again.

I wouldn't mess with the microdermabrasion kit right now.

I use Aquapor (kinda like vaseline) on days when my skin gets pink after peeling. LacHydrin5 (they sell it at our local CVS) it's a lotion with lactic acid in it, helps get the dead skin off. My other cream is CeraVe.. (some ppl like it, some don't)

In other words, stay moisturized.

Try a mellow method of exfoliation. I like the babybrush method because I can really control how hard I rub with it.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...mp;hl=babybrush

Oh, & don't be afraid to take an extra night off if your skin needs it.

Hope that helps you some. :)

I also use Cerave- but I use the lotion, not the cream. I also use the baby brush method, which really seems to help. If you are peeling too much, instead of using the GC every other day, try only using it 2-3 times a week until you can build up to using it more often. good luck! I've been using GC for a while now and I really like it.

I also use Cerave- but I use the lotion, not the cream. I also use the baby brush method, which really seems to help. If you are peeling too much, instead of using the GC every other day, try only using it 2-3 times a week until you can build up to using it more often. good luck! I've been using GC for a while now and I really like it.

Oh, I wrote cream, but I use the pump bottle of lotion too. It's a couple bucks cheaper, & I like that there's no chance I can contaminate it with my hands.

Good advice.

Frequent gentle exfoliation works well in tandem with GC.