Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milkyglass

Krystle's Journey to Clear Skin*UPDATE: ADDED PICTURES 02/13*

Ok here I go.

First Background information: Im a 21 year old female so I think that puts my mild acne into the adult acne category, Im not sure. I found this site researching a product I purchased on ebay called Juliet's Clean and Smooth Face Scrub. It this all natural scrub with crazy but convincing claims. Im trying to use mainly all natural products with a few exceptions. After reading this one long thread, I found out that it could be a scam and all of that but I had bought it so I figured I'd at least try it before i fight for a refund. Plus I emailed the lady and she tols me all the details and to at least try it. I dont have really bad acne. I recently got over a really bad acne breakout but I still have clogged pores and black heads and some whitehead which I try to safely extract using q-tips. My forehead is completely clear with most of the acne on my cheeks and chin with minimal but noticable dark spots or scars. I dont have huge ice pick type pores but it's enough for me to care. After researching this site i also discovered that the mess of bumps and dark spots on my butt is acuallty acne, :redface:, I know, gross!

I read a thread about the affects of Apple Cider Vinegar so I replaced my witch hazel toner with two parts ACV and one part water. So far I like it. My skin was less oily and felt really smooth when i used it with my old St. Ives Apricot Scub Cleaner. We'll see how

it works with Juliet's.

Anyways, I started using it last sunday in which I took a before picture. Here is my current regimen:

Morning:

Juliet's Facial Cleanser

Juliets' Clean and Smooth Scrub

ACV Toner

Juliet's Acne Treatment

Oil of Olay complete mositurizer with SPF15 for oil/combo skin--great mositurizer

Night:

Juliet's Facial Cleanser

ALBA Papya Enzyme face mask-5 minutes

Juliets' Clean and Smooth Scrub

ACV Toner

Juliet's Acne Treatment

Other:

Clean and Clear BP 10% for spot treatments at night

Asprin Mask

Juliet's Acne Spot Treatment

Other Other:

Currently dieting-1500 calories a day

Exercise At least 4 days of the week. 30-min to 60- medium level

Vitamims-one a day womens mulit-vitamin

Boitin

Viatmin E

As of Day 1-4 -Monday-Thursday

First two day si started using this i was in mid pimple breakout that i was treating with BP. I used the ACV the day before and it was alright. My skin felt really smooth and even with my mositurizer, I felt like i had no oil on my face

BUt, day three precisely, I got a painful pustule on my lip and if would not bugde. I never had a breakout there. Plus my other pimples weren't flat and smooth anymore. I fipped out and e-mailed the seller. I tooks pictures and everything. Then I did research and discover that your faced somethimes purges when using a new product. She e-mailed me the same thing. Im trying to be patience so imma stick with it.

As of today Saturday

Im still using the system. The pimple on my lip has harden into a scar after picking and using BP. Currently at work while writing thin, and using the same regimen, my face feels smooth again but my pimples on my cheek are still there. Im gonna try not to pick and see if it imporves by next week.

Until then, I'll update and add pics as needed.

UPDATE Couldn't load the pcis at work. I'll try when I get home.

Day 9:

OK first off I'm kinda pissed off because this my second time writing this ish! The stupid spellcheck thing erased my first post.

Anyways, it's Wednesday. My face looks like crap. :wall: I bought a new camera and i can't enjoy the pictures because all the dark spots and pimples. I currently have a whitehead on my cheek, and being the picker that I am, ill probably bust it later. The spot where my cyst was is healing but it looks like a dark bump. So yeah so I i feel like crap. My regimen is still the same. I've been going out these last couple of night with minimal sleep so maybe that why i look so crazy. My pores seem a little smaller and the other day my face was smooth. I don't know, I'm going to keep trying this stuff. I just wanna have nice skin. I'm going to look into getting some kind of healthy foundation. I don't normally wear make-up but I'm willing to try now.

On a side note, I wanted to comment on an observation I made while lurking the boards before I joined. There was a lot of references to some things I could relate in my own skin and I have only found one other person that probably could. What I am speaking of is seeing that I am black, i can't relate to topics about "red marks' for example because I don't get red marks. I get dark/black spots. I do believe that acne is very similar despite your skin color but there are a few exceptions and scars are one of them. If anybody of African American descent or the like that would like to share experiences PM me. And of course I am open to any posters regardless. Like I said, nodiscrimination.

I can't seem to upload any pics. I don't know how to embed them in the body of the post. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And don't be afraid to reply or comment to this thread. No one has said anything yet. There is a very long thread dedicated to a product similar to this call Acnexus. The same company sells it as Juliet's Clean and Smooth and it's very controversial over there. Check it out:http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=149674&hl=acnexus

Day 13:

Well, over the weekend I went out of town. I washed my face like three times a day because I was volunteering and helping build a house. I got really dirt. In the misdt of all of that I got a pimple on my cheek. A huge one. I treated it with a heavy dose of 10% BP and today it has subsided but it's still noticeable. I do think the ACV is fading my scars. Like seriously! I had a dark spot on the side of my face by my ear and it's fading. The ones on my cheek are fading as well. Also I think the ALBA enzyme mask is helping my pores shrink. I think i may have enlarged pores but I really see an improvement.

Another discovery i made was on my thigh. I had this wierd rash on my thigh for the longest and I used to put witch hazel on it but I stopped and was using ACV every now and then. I looked at it this weekend and noticed it was completely gone! I was blown away! That spot always bother me andnow its gone without a trace. I have like two dark spots there but those aren't in the same area. I think Im gonna keep using the ACV on my thighs and butt to try and fade some of the scars.

Once again with the pictures, I asked around and Im gonna download a resizing program so I can upload pics. I doubt anybody cares since no one has commented but I'll post anyway for my sake. Loking at my progress pictures I dont feel like my face is getting better. It seems worse compared to the first day I started this system. I'm trying to stick it out and hope for the best though. The only porduct I have faith in at this poin it the ACV.

We'll see. Only time will tell.

Day 15:

Well, i was reading another girl's post on this regimen she was recommending that involved an egg white mask with lemon juice and exfoiliation with backing soda. In the past I ALWAYS exfoliated with backing soda so that wasn't new to me but i never tried ans egg white mask. Well i tried it and yes it made my skin very tight but I don't that I had that glow everyone was raving about. I did it two night in a row and used my ALBA enzyme mask in the mornings but I didn't do it last night. I was too tired. But nonetheless, I've been looking at my face and I really do feel it's clearing up. I'm still getting a new whitehead here and there but my dark spots are starting to fade. I really feel like this is a slow process. I'm trying to be patient. :pray:

So yesterday I went to the mall with my boyfriend and we went in Bath and Body Works to look around. I was checking out some of their products and I came across Murad. I was actually recommend Murad bay a Dermatologist on All Experts. com but in the course of looking for it, i came across Juliet's. Plus Murad is expensive. Anyway, I talked to the lady about a medicated scrub for my body ans she gave me a sample of Murad's Acne Body Wash. She actually uses it herself and she said so the far the sample she has is clearing up her skin. Oh really now? :think: So now i have my sample and I'm gonna start today and see what happens. I'm only using it on my upper back and butt since that's where have mild acne. Mainly blackhead and clogged pores i think.

I also bought some pure tea tree oil to replace the bootleg kind i had already. Hopefully, I'll see some results with it as a spot treatment ans other randoms things on my body. BTW the ALBA enzyme mask is great. It supposed to dissolve the top layr of your skin and kill whatever is there. I really think it's helping unclog my pores. When i put it on, it kind of tingles/burns so i know it's working.

Well, that's yet. I wanted to update in case anyone is actually reading this. I'm gonna get pictures one day, i promise.

*PICTURES*

I figured out how to post pictures:

Here are my pictures from day one. Before I was alternating St. Ives Medicated SA wash scrub and Neutrogena Invigroating BP face ael, the blus stuff. When i took this pic i has used ACV for the first time two days in a row.

DAY 1:

Right side of my face:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/PIC-0245.jpg

Left side:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/PIC-0244.jpg

THREE DAYS LATER=BREAkOUT!

Right side- notice the bump formin gon my lip. it was very painful

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/PIC-0251.jpg

LAST FRIDAY-Before i went out of town. I was a little oily becuase it was hot outside. I live in FL. Note: the links make me look oiler than what I really was at that moment. :)

Right side:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/103_0128.jpg

Left side:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/103_0126.jpg

Mouth Area:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/103_0131.jpg

And finally today, how i look right now. Fresh pictures i took 20 seconds ago:

Frontal:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/103_0297.jpg

Left side:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/103_0294.jpg

Right Side:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/mi...ss/103_0298.jpg

There you go!

I had to delete the long extensive post i wrote because a boss walked by at work before I could save it. So now I'm doing a bullet point type of post instead. Whomp! Whomp! I know!:boohoo:

I'm growing confident that my face is clearing up. My dark spots are fading each day I use ACV.

I've been using 100% tea tree oil on my marks in additon to ACV. I love ACV! :) Using them together has dried up these three bumps i had and today i rubbed the scabs away. I'm gonna stop picking my face one day. The same day i have clear skin!

Im tired of using damn Juliet's! :confused: The cleanser is nice but the scrub is pointless. I'd rather use Purpose and my ACV alone. I think the scrub is hindering the ACV becuase of all the oils. I also canned the acne treatment and spot treatment. It's uselss and burns my face becuase of all the damn menthol. I think the menthol is tricking u into thinking it works becuz it burns. I'm only still using it becuz i'm hoping it will clear my skin up enough to use Purpose as a cleanser and that's it.

I love my ALBA enzyme face mask. It burns a little more when i apply it now but i think it's becuase it's getting down to the deep dirt in my pores. My pores are looking better everytime i use it.

I canned the egg white mask/lemon mask. I'm tired of doing five millioen steps before bed. I don't get much sleep anyways so i need to maximize it where ever possible. My face mask is just fine for now.

I have a bump forming on my lip just like the other one i had! NOOO! :wall: That bumped ruined my face so now i'm scared. BP didnt work last ime so maybe tea tree oil will. I don't know, i'm scared. :doubt:

I've still been using my Murad Acne Body Wash on my back and butt plus i bought a back brush to reach the hard spots.

But overall Im fine. Im gonna stick with it. I'll update later!

Hi - just wanted to let you know that someone is reading your log! :) The logs aren't getting a ton of replies these days, but lots of people do read them.

So, I am curious to know what your am and pm regimens look like now. It seems like you have made a lot of changes since your first post?

I had to delete the long extensive post i wrote because a boss walked by at work before I could save it. So now I'm doing a bullet point type of post instead. Whomp! Whomp! I know!:boohoo:

I'm growing confident that my face is clearing up. My dark spots are fading each day I use ACV.

I've been using 100% tea tree oil on my marks in additon to ACV. I love ACV! :) Using them together has dried up these three bumps i had and today i rubbed the scabs away. I'm gonna stop picking my face one day. The same day i have clear skin!

Im tired of using damn Juliet's! :confused: The cleanser is nice but the scrub is pointless. I'd rather use Purpose and my ACV alone. I think the scrub is hindering the ACV becuase of all the oils. I also canned the acne treatment and spot treatment. It's uselss and burns my face becuase of all the damn menthol. I think the menthol is tricking u into thinking it works becuz it burns. I'm only still using it becuz i'm hoping it will clear my skin up enough to use Purpose as a cleanser and that's it.

I love my ALBA enzyme face mask. It burns a little more when i apply it now but i think it's becuase it's getting down to the deep dirt in my pores. My pores are looking better everytime i use it.

I canned the egg white mask/lemon mask. I'm tired of doing five millioen steps before bed. I don't get much sleep anyways so i need to maximize it where ever possible. My face mask is just fine for now.

I have a bump forming on my lip just like the other one i had! NOOO! :wall: That bumped ruined my face so now i'm scared. BP didnt work last ime so maybe tea tree oil will. I don't know, i'm scared. :doubt:

I've still been using my Murad Acne Body Wash on my back and butt plus i bought a back brush to reach the hard spots.

But overall Im fine. Im gonna stick with it. I'll update later!

I'm not familiar with the Juliet's brand. I like to use natural products as well. For me, though, I do like to try to stick to oil-free products. I love love love Origins, but their stuff is not great for acne. *sniff*

Do you use anything with salicylic acid? I think that's supposed to be good for blackheads.

Hi - just wanted to let you know that someone is reading your log! The logs aren't getting a ton of replies these days, but lots of people do read them.

So, I am curious to know what your am and pm regimens look like now. It seems like you have made a lot of changes since your first post?

YAY! My first reply! I did notice that i had views but i was worried nobody cared enough to respond. I guess maybe because I don't have ''amazing results'' yet. But my regimen is as follows:

AM-

Juliet's Facial Cleanser

ALBA Papaya Enzyme Mask=when I have time

Juliet's Clean & Smooth Scrub

ACV-diluted two parts vinegar to one part water

100% Australian Tea Tree on spots

Oil of Olay complete mositurizer with SPF15 for oil/combo skin

PM-

Juliet's Facial Cleanser

ALBA Papaya Enzyme Mask- if i dint do it in the morning

Juliet's Clean & Smooth Scrub

ACV-diluted two parts vinegar to one part water

100% Australian Tea Tree on spots

10% BP on spots-

I try to get my spots a double whammy because tea tree by itself doesn't seem to dry out my pimples. The oil actually absorbs into my skin so it's not greasy at all.

I also e-mailed the seller i bought Juliet's from and asked for a refund. I bought some Purpose last night and I used just once before bed. I do like it and it's very gentle. I'm not gonna switch just yet but if she can give me a refund then i will. We will see what her e-mail say and I'll update later.

I'm not familiar with the Juliet's brand. I like to use natural products as well. For me, though, I do like to try to stick to oil-free products. I love love love Origins, but their stuff is not great for acne. *sniff*

Do you use anything with salicylic acid? I think that's supposed to be good for blackheads.

My roommate uses origins but she says it's really expensive but really good. Her acne is much worse than mine but in the rare occasions i see her, her face looks the same.

I currently don't use a salicylic acid wash. In the past i used Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub but it always left this weird film on my face and the little beads were so hard to get off. It had SA in it though. More recently, i was using St. Ives Apricot Blackhead scrub which was a SA was but it uses dried almonds to scrub your face it can be irritating and drying. I was interchanging it with Neutrogena Invigorating face wash which had BP in it. This also had menthol which left that stupid cooling sensation. Menthol only cools you face making you think its 'tingly clean". Cool water closes the pores not menthol. Nonetheless I quit using it when i got my Juliet's in the mail. I later read reviews that the Apricot scrub wasn't good for acne but good for cleaning. I'm trying to clear my skin then focus on maintaining it, you know?

I also e-mailed the seller i bought Juliet's from and asked for a refund. I bought some Purpose last night and I used just once before bed. I do like it and it's very gentle. I'm not gonna switch just yet but if she can give me a refund then i will. We will see what her e-mail say and I'll update later.

Hey milkyglass!

I noticed your first post a while ago and decided to add you as a friend because it's rare that I see other black people on here. :D I'm 21 as well btw.

I like Purpose a lot too. I like that it's mild and I like the smell of it. I used to use Purpose consistently and one day I decided to stop and try something else. I've tried pretty much every skin care item in Walmart that you can find...I think out of all the cleansers I've tried from Olay, to Clean & Clear, to Phisoderm... Purpose is the best. :)

Now I'm getting back to the basics and just washing my face with Purpose at night and cleansing with water only in the morning. It's working well for me so far. I wish I had never stopped the Purpose in the first place :wall:.

I have a log too, but there isn't really much for me to post right now. I have some dark marks left over from picking at my skin. My mom is always/was always telling me to "keep my hands out of my face" but it's hard sometimes. Now that I'm only using 2 things on my face, it's helping a lot. And I'm making a conscious effort to not touch my face. I think you're on your way to clear skin.

I will be checking back to hear of your progress! :)

Hey milkyglass!

I noticed your first post a while ago and decided to add you as a friend because it's rare that I see other black people on here. :D I'm 21 as well btw.

I like Purpose a lot too. I like that it's mild and I like the smell of it. I used to use Purpose consistently and one day I decided to stop and try something else. I've tried pretty much every skin care item in Walmart that you can find...I think out of all the cleansers I've tried from Olay, to Clean & Clear, to Phisoderm... Purpose is the best. :)

Now I'm getting back to the basics and just washing my face with Purpose at night and cleansing with water only in the morning. It's working well for me so far. I wish I had never stopped the Purpose in the first place :wall:.

I have a log too, but there isn't really much for me to post right now. I have some dark marks left over from picking at my skin. My mom is always/was always telling me to "keep my hands out of my face" but it's hard sometimes. Now that I'm only using 2 things on my face, it's helping a lot. And I'm making a conscious effort to not touch my face. I think you're on your way to clear skin.

Thanks so much for your reply!

I also noticed the lack of color on here as well but nonetheless I'm addicted to Acne.org. I read about Purpose in Allure magazine awhile ago and I've been dying to try it ever since. was voted the number one cleanser by readers several times. The only reason keeping my from using it instead of Juliet's is because of the money i spent on it. But it sitting on my bathroom counter. She has yet to e-mail me back by the way. I'm nost sure if i'll get my money back. :doh: I learned my lesson.

Hey milkyglass!

Thanks so much for your reply!

I also noticed the lack of color on here as well but nonetheless I'm addicted to Acne.org. I read about Purpose in Allure magazine awhile ago and I've been dying to try it ever since. was voted the number one cleanser by readers several times. The only reason keeping my from using it instead of Juliet's is because of the money i spent on it. But it sitting on my bathroom counter. She has yet to e-mail me back by the way. I'm nost sure if i'll get my money back. :doh: I learned my lesson.

*sigh*

If only I could get the money back from all the products I wasted my time on... I'd be a rich girl! :D

Day Whatever!

Ok so I still have my Purpose face wash and I'm trying to not to use it. I know it's weird that I bought it not to use but I'm trying to use the rest of Juliet's first. Anyways, I've still been using ACV day and night and my dark spots are slowly fading. I still love my ALBA mask and I'm still battling with the blackheads on my cheeks. I swear I look in the mirror and my blackhead are like :snooty:, 'I ain't going nowhere!" I'm still doing research on glycolic (check spelling)peels but I haven't had much time between classes.

The pimple on my lip is gone and doesn't hurt anymore but there is still this weird scar thing which I think is dead skin. I'm putting Vitamin E on it. Speaking of dead skin. The other day, I was taking a close look at my face and I discover the one dark spot on my right cheek had fluid in it. So being the picker that I am I warmed my face and pushed it out. GROSS! :sick: I know! I was still putting BP on it so it was drying up quite nicely but it was still a dark spot. This morning I leaned in and noticed that the dark spot was a little scar of dead skin so I gently pulled it off and whammo! No more dark spot! Yeah. I know that was really graphic but that's what happened. LOL!

I'm also looking to go to the spa when I get my tax return Friday. I wanna get a facial and see if some extractions will help my skin. Or maybe a peel or something. We'll see what I come up with. I'll post more pictures soon just to keep regular track of my face. I haven't had any new whitehead other then on my lip but my cycle is due any day so let's not jinx that. :pray:

See ya later!

Day Whatever!

I'm also looking to go to the spa when I get my tax return Friday. I wanna get a facial and see if some extractions will help my skin. Or maybe a peel or something. We'll see what I come up with. I'll post more pictures soon just to keep regular track of my face. I haven't had any new whitehead other then on my lip but my cycle is due any day so let's not jinx that. :pray:

See ya later!

Just be careful with a peel. I've seen plenty of peels that have gone wrong. And I think I heard that they are not as safe on people of darker complexions.

LOL at "Day Whatever"

How is the Juliets Scrub working for you??? I've tried them a quite while back and it didn't do nothing for me. I emailed them several several times for a refund with no luck I had to file a complaint thru Paypal to get my money back!! I still had about half a bottle full of this stuff I've been using it for al least a good 3 months before deciding it didnt work for me... I tried it as a body scrub and its great as a scrub really exfoliating I truly loved the smell from this product but too bad it was overpriced and not worth it!!

I'm presently using Carley's Which is like Juliets but better since Juliets were the ones that copied this company they are also selling on Ebay as well. Well After 3 months of using their product my skin is clearing up and im still using it now its not 100% clear but clearer than before and breakouts are at bay!!

I'm also using the St Ives product line i.e. the medicated scrub and apircot face wash with SA as a body acne treatment i use the wash daily and the scrub 1-2 times a week. Both products combined is working great for my body acne and keeping breakouts at bay!!

Day Something:

I've been gone for a while but with good reason. So, i recently shipped back Juliet's to the e-bay seller. They shoould have recieved it today so I am expecting a refund soon. I have been using my Purpose Gentl Face wash and Apple Cider Vinegar. Here is my current regimen:

AM:

Purpose Gentle Face Wash

Exfoliate with Baking Soda

ACV

Oil Olay mositurizer-sometimes

PM:

Purpose Gentle Face Wash

ACV

Oil Olay mositurizer-sometimes

I use my Alba face mask in opposition of baking soda. For example if i uses backing soda for three days i wont ise the mask at night. The day i use the mask i don't use the baking soada. Im alternating now since im running of face mask. That stuff ain't cheap.

But yeah my face is fine. No pustules or mahor pimple. Just little whitehead that are easy to pop and heal quickly. My dark marks are still fading with the ACV. I hate that my bathroom smells like vinegar becuz of the cotton balls in the trash.

Iceboi,

I heard about Carley's as well but im done trying new products. I wish i had of apperciated my skin as it was before i started Julie'ts no im fixing the damage.

I have decided to try Ambi fade cream for black people on my older dark marks instead of mandelic or gyoclic acid. ACV is working good but i dont think it works well for older marks. I'm gonna a test spot on my thigh first so i can mointor it.

That's it. Pictures one day :)