Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuitarHeroGirl

Should I start using Accuntane?

Here’s my story:

I’m 21 years old and have had acne for about 7 years. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about it. I have just about tried everything under the sun and nothing works at all. I was seeing a dermatologist before when my acne wasn’t as bad but I think this is the worst it’s been. It’s gotten to the point where when I’m out with my family they’ll bring it up (offering miracle treatments that of course never work) when I go to restaurants I ask to me seated where there is no natural light. I’m completely lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend who I’ve been with for 4 years (he of course is 100% clear of acne, one of those lucky ones). I’m totally self conscious about it and sometimes I just cry and cry when I get out of the shower or wake up in the morning.

I’m seeing a holistic doctor right now who wants me to stop eating sugar, wheat, and dairy. He also took my blood four days ago to do a IGG/IGA food sensitivity test that cost me $300.00 and I don’t get the results until the end of this month. I really want to do something that isn’t going to cause me horrible side effects or give me anything that I’m going to have to live with for the rest of my life (except for clear skin! I’ll take that!)

Although there are millions of people that suffer from acne I feel completely alone like I’m the only one because EVERYONE in my family (including aunts, uncles, and cousins) are 100% clear of acne. All of my friends and boyfriend are clear of acne. I’m the only one. I want something that’s going to work already.

I’m sorry this is super long. I’ve also attached pictures so you can see how horrible my acne is. I really want to get better.

Please give me some advice! I’m going to post this is a couple different threads to see what different people tell me. Thank you all so much.

QUESTIONS ABOUT ACCUTANE:

1. Does is come back after you've used it for a while?

2. How bad are your side effects?

3. After using it do you still have side effects?

If I were you Id go on accutane, although it isnt for everyone you wont know if you dont try.

I regret not going on accutane sooner.