Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Displaythis

acne or no acne...i will always be ugly (pic)

even if i had no acne i was born ugly...and even if after accutane my skin never breaks out again i will forever have scars, keloids, and all this wierd stuff on my face that make it look like a fun house.

maybe this is the accutane talking ..anyone else feel the same...most people here have good complexion and features, that's why they are so desperate to go on accutane cause htey know after the treatment they will look like gods

--couldnt put two pics here, other pic is below--

who in here is in more worse condition?

post-67321-1202089353_thumb.jpg

post-67321-1202089353_thumb.jpg

if you are so desperate you can try dermabrasion 6 months after the threatment ends. yet is only recommended for ice pick scars, not for small scars.

keloids are removed with an advance procedure called cryo surgery.

also have in mind that what people like about you is not only your face, so dont expect people to like you when you get clear. people often look at you as a whole, as in your personality, the way you dress, the way you threat them, not being jealous and envious about what people do and what they don't do to you. start reading self help and psycology books, keep the harry potter adventures for later.

my 50 cents.

hey! i disagree with u. I have absolute sure that confidence and high self-estime are one of the keys to make us beauty, strong or brave...

Our words, attiudes and thoughts will be different after acne because we will have a high self-estime. That's my opinion.

Don't worry now with that. Beauty begins inside and reflects outside. Beauty it isn't our make-up. If u want to think in terms of physical aspect, u must now that everybody will get old and ugly one day... not for mention sick real sick and die.

^

LOL

i actually do some modeling..which is why my acne bothers me so much...they airbrush any photos..for basically anyone, to make us look perfect, but most of my friends in the business have 'perfect' skin, and ive always felt like shit around them.

im sure you are cute/handsome whatever you are guy/girl.

dont let the scars and shit get to you, as much as you think it stands out it doesnt...i mean people get past it really fast.

When I started accutane 2 days ago, i told a few of my close friends (we drink a lot so I let them know i couldnt for 6 months), and they werelike...man your skin isnt that bad dont know why you worry about it.

this was coming from two guys who have perfect skin but...i do worry about it, and accutane will hopefully clear me up for good :)

im sure if you posted a picture everyone would agree you probably look fantastic! :)

feel better!

well when somoene is insecure it isnt good to say anything other than that lol.

what do you want me to say? "I bet you are ugly, so just give up".

a lot of people who are insecure are fine looking, and dont really have anything to worry about.

so i just leave it at that.

we get what we get when were born, why worry so much about it, it will never change. acne however, can go away, so look on that bright side. lol

oh, and yes, I am psychic.!

Haha I love it when people say this, I mean how on earth would you know? Psychic much?

2nd picture.

what is this?

my doctor says it folliculitis but i think its keloids. they develop as pimples and thenharden, then it never goes away. rawr.

well back to my coffin

post-67321-1202090920_thumb.jpg

post-67321-1202090920_thumb.jpg

Your not ugly ,

Sometimes people develop body dysmorphia when they have suffered traumatically through things such as acne. (im not saying you do have it lol)

But if you think very negatively it isnt good for your mind or body.

Stop telling yourself your ugly because your certainly not.

^

LOL

i actually do some modeling..which is why my acne bothers me so much...they airbrush any photos..for basically anyone, to make us look perfect, but most of my friends in the business have 'perfect' skin, and ive always felt like shit around them.

dont let the scars and shit get to you, as much as you think it stands out it doesnt...i mean people get past it really fast.

When I started accutane 2 days ago, i told a few of my close friends (we drink a lot so I let them know i couldnt for 6 months), and they werelike...man your skin isnt that bad dont know why you worry about it.

this was coming from two guys who have perfect skin but...i do worry about it, and accutane will hopefully clear me up for good :)

im sure if you posted a picture everyone would agree you probably look fantastic! :)

feel better!

You're definitely not ugly or a "monster"!!

But I realize just my saying so is not going to change how you feel about yourself. I have many days when I feel ugly too, but doing so just batters my already fragile self-esteem and adds to my stress = more acne!

You're not a monster! I couldn't see much of your face in the picture, but I think you're too hard on yourself. I also feel like a monster because of my skin condition, but I have people tell me I'm pretty. But I can't shake the feeling of looking like a monster because of what's on my skin. Having acne definitely reduces your self esteem and can totally change the way you percieve yourself. Hang in there and your face will clear, and you'll get brand new confidence. I repeat....you are NOT a monster! Here's your homework for today:

1. Look in the mirror

2. Blow yourself a kiss and tell yourself "You're a nice looking dude!"

3. Repeat 10 times: "I am not a monster."

4. Blow your handsome self another kiss!

its not everything, looks seem important when your young but the older u get the less important they are, your life in terms of happyness isnt always down to looks, chin up old boy !!!

hey,

shave well.

wear nice clothes.

get a good hair cut.

wear after-shave.

be ultra-polite to everyone you meet.

you can make yourself attractive in other ways as well - not least through your personality.

also, guys skin doesn't bother girls so much.. so don't worry about it.

all the best,

tim

hey,

shave well.

wear nice clothes.

get a good hair cut.

wear after-shave.

be ultra-polite to everyone you meet.

you can make yourself attractive in other ways as well - not least through your personality.

also, guys skin doesn't bother girls so much.. so don't worry about it.

all the best,

tim

Hey you could be worse right? You could have only one eye, one testicle and one arm?

Hang in there buddy! I know acne is a difficult time. Heck, we all know what it does to your self esteem. And if you're taking Accutane, it might have you in a bit of depression. We don't want you slitting your wrists. We want you to smile! If you're having feelings of despair, PLEASE talk to your doctor about it. Maybe the doctor can prescribe something to elevate your mood. I'm a female and I can tell you that no matter what a man looks like, most women are less interested in looks and more interested in....a man's smile, sense of humor, his heart. We'll give you a pep talk every day and get you through the rough patch, ok? :dance: