Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

Bad Lighting In Home

I kinda posted this in one of my other threads about how much I hate the lighting in my house. I go to work before there is light so I can't open up my windows or anything. But I'm pretty sure I have okay make up cause when I do go out during the day I look in my car mirror and it seems fine but I dunno.

I was just wondering about the people who have bad lighting what they do for make up? I know there is those special mirrors with lightening you can get but I don't know what the right one is.

Any suggestions?

I've been wondering the same as there's not much natural light in my house, and I always wonder how bad my make-up looks when I get outside. :redface:

I've tried a daylight lamp but it makes my skin look hideous and shadowy, so it's really hard to apply the make-up evenly. Maybe I should try a different one....good luck in your search.

Well, even though the sun isn't available when you're doing your makeup - you can do that rear-view mirror test afterwards and make a mental note of how the colors look etc. I typically put my makeup on in front of a north facing window, using a small mirror, and room light too. It shows me more flaws. But I know you said you can't do that. Do carry a little hand mirror around with you for a while - check out your look in natural light, and the lighting of places you frequent - and then compare when you get back home. You'll know then - next time you apply in the morning in your dim light - what areas let you down. That's really the best you can do aside from getting one of those lighted mirrors. (Many people love them - and I wouldn't mind having one myself).

Hope this helps. I'm a bit rambly today.

Yeah I've posted a couple of times about lighting too.I also go to work before it gets light and don't leave until it's dark so it is hard to work out if you look ok.

But if you look good in your car mirror your probably doing it right because car mirrors seem to show everyflaw for me and are pretty unforgiving.

But if you look good in your car mirror your probably doing it right because car mirrors seem to show everyflaw for me and are pretty unforgiving.

I do my makeup at different times of the day so I have a makeup mirror (got it at Sally's for around $30) with lighting that I use when it's dark out. I have it set up in front of my window where my makeup is and when it's light enough out I just use the mirror part but when I need the lights, I can turn them on. It has 4 light options (day/evening/home/office) and I use the day one. I like it a lot.

If I'm doing my face during the day, I try to sit by a window or open doorway and do it by natural light. The fluorescent lights in my bathroom seem to be quite good at predicting what will look like crap outside.

I kinda posted this in one of my other threads about how much I hate the lighting in my house. I go to work before there is light so I can't open up my windows or anything. But I'm pretty sure I have okay make up cause when I do go out during the day I look in my car mirror and it seems fine but I dunno.

I was just wondering about the people who have bad lighting what they do for make up? I know there is those special mirrors with lightening you can get but I don't know what the right one is.

Any suggestions?

I thought florescent light bulb were bad for your skin, I mean in terms of how it made you look orr what kind of florescent light are we talking? cause I've been under some pretty bad florescent light :eh: