Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brotherz6

I need "Prednisone"

Well really the only medicine including accutane, daplin, ect that has EVER helped my cystic acne is prednisone. one problem. you cant be on it for very long because it is a steroid. Does anyone know any other medicine that works like prednisone? Like anti inflammatory as well, but that you can be on for a while?

A good anti-inflammatory used commonly for arthritis, that I was on for trouble in my shoulder was called Mobic, also called Meloxicam if generic branded. It honestly helped my acne better than almost any of the variables in my regimen. Although I'm not sure how long you can stay on it.........

^ really? I've got loads of that sitting around the house. For arthritis, but I hate to take anything, lol - I've never tried it.

^ really? I've got loads of that sitting around the house. For arthritis, but I hate to take anything, lol - I've never tried it.

It is a terrific anti-inflammatory; just like ibuprofen and naproxen sodium, it will help with the redness and pain of acne. I myself find that an anti-allergy medication helps a lot more than I thought it would. I use Claritin D weekly at least and that seems to be a consistent factor in maintaining good skin for me! Others on this board have found that Claritin D helps them, too.