Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Knee

I absolutely hate my mom

This makes me really sad to say, but I truly do...

She doesn't give a shit about anybody but herself

-Every night she goes to bed drunk... I dont know of a night that she hasn't gone to bed plastered. Now I'm not saying that I hate my mom because she's an alcoholic, but I hate her for what she's put me through. I remember being about 11-12 years old finding alcohol in the car soo many times. I remember every time we went on vacation she would get drunk and make a fool of herself. I remember going with my mom to my cousin's birthday when I was about 12 years old and her running into the guard rail before even making it out of the neighborhood. I remember on countless occations trying to wake her up, but her being in a deep drunken sleep.

-She will say hurtful remarks to both me and my sister that hurt our body image so much (she was the one who told me I needed to start using proactiv because my acne was so bad... which lead to me using it 3 times a day which has lead to me moderate acne) She was more excited than me when I got accutane (she didn't care about the side effects). She tells my (120 lb) sister that she needs to work out. She tells me that I'm too skinny. She once told my other brother that he would never make any friends in college because he was a mean person (this wasn't even an accidental statement said in rage... it was what she really thought).

Sorry, but I just had to let that out

Thanks

Those whom we most love can hurt us the most. You're growing up now and can see your mom as she is. She must be fighting some hideous personal demons herself. I would suggest that if you can, don't hate your mom, hate her behavior. So many people do as your mom does and don't realize how much they hurt someone else until their noses are shoved into it.

For you, and your family, I strongly suggest the kids talk together and get support from each other. When you guys move out on your own, you'll be ever so much happier and independent. Then you'll only have to visit your mom on your own terms.

You could always suggest your mom get counseling and alcoholism treatment. You might get chewed out for suggesting it; but it could plant a seed that might germinate some day. It won't help YOU, but it would help your mom and in the long run it might help you.

I am so sorry to hear of this. It has got to be so hard for your self-esteem and leaves you and your siblings wide open for depression problems. You know, counseling for the siblings and yourself wouldn't be a bad thing at all! I can't tell you how much it helped me.

I dont have mom now. She died a couple of years ago. I wouldn't bother having my mom next to me even if she was the worst person for all the world...I love my mom. She is not perfect neither nobody is... Just help her in the way u can and know... That's your mission.

Good luck

thats not a nice thing to say :/ sometimes u miss something/someone when you dont have it anymore and i can relate to this coz my mom died when i was 12 .. as pedro put it try and help her out in anyway you can and point out what shes doing to you etc... gl

Look, it's great to be magnanimous when you're not suffering at the hands of someone who is emotionally abusive. The OP is certainly entitled to their feelings.

Yes, it's good advice to be realistic about sweeping statements like "I hate my mom", but some of us understand that it really means "I hate what my mom says/does" or "I hate how my mom makes me feel".

I would suggest that the behaviour that is distressing you be addressed verbally in more specific terms, OP. It'll help you to process your feelings better and will be less guilt producing. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with being angry or upset.

Thanks everyone... you have helped me a lot.

I guess I am just mad at what she has done to me... I am sorry to those I have offended.

I will definately think about counceling when I get the courage to speak up :doubt: