Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spezza

Deleting Account

Our admins were receiving too many requests for account deletions, which was taking up too much of their time that needed to be spent on other aspects of running the site. As a result, we are no longer deleting accounts. I hope you understand.

You are welcome to delete the text in your posts and stop posting--though we would hate to see you go!

Our admins were receiving too many requests for account deletions, which was taking up too much of their time that needed to be spent on other aspects of running the site. As a result, we are no longer deleting accounts. I hope you understand.

You are welcome to delete the text in your posts and stop posting--though we would hate to see you go!

If you google my email address, the only link which is found is traced to this forum.

When I joined this forum I was permitted to delete my account and I should therefore be permitted to delete my account presently. At the very minimum, each member should have been sent an email informing them of the change of policy and giving them a last chance to delete their account.

scared that one of your mates will google your e-mail and it will come up with shock horror acne? haha. give me a break.

that's scary that we are pretty much stuck here forever. It kinda makes me feel claustrophobic haha. I definitely think we should be able to delete our accounts if we choose to. And that does make me very angry that we aren't given the choice.

Even if your account is deleted, people will still be able to search for email and the acne.org message board would still show up. You probably made a post with your email in it, that's why your email is on google. If it was in your profile google would not be able to cache it.

If your email is set to private, Google cannot search for it. Moderators cannot even see the email address that you registered with. I just searched for my email address and there's no record of it anywhere. Just always register privately when you register at any website.

Don't post your email or any instant messenger name in posts or in your profile. Send that information in PMs to interested persons.

Google can and does cache profiles. Try searching for your username sometime...

I googled my email and didn't come up with any links to any sites. Why do so many people want to delete their accounts?? I'm 37 years old and have been fighting with acne since 5th grade. I'm finally getting some real help. What are you putting on an acne help forum that has you so embarassed?? Just curious.

If your email is set to private, Google cannot search for it. Moderators cannot even see the email address that you registered with. I just searched for my email address and there's no record of it anywhere. Just always register privately when you register at any website.

Don't post your email or any instant messenger name in posts or in your profile. Send that information in PMs to interested persons.

Google can and does cache profiles. Try searching for your username sometime...