Notifications
Clear all

Sun Block / Sun Cream for Acne Prone Skin?

MemberMember
(@girl2007)

Posted : 02/02/2008 11:26 am

Hey! I'm going skiing and know I have to wear sunscreen. I was hoping to apply some makeup over it as we'll be going straight to apres ski bars after the slopes so i won't be able to change. In general, does anyone have any reccomendations for sun screens or sun blocks that won't make my face break out? The last time I went on a sun holiday I found the Clarins Sun Cream I used really didn't help prevent acne.

MemberMember
(@aznsunchiq)

Posted : 02/02/2008 8:16 pm

Well, this won't work to prevent acne, but this most likely will not contribute to any break outs. I LOVE Olay Complete All Day UV Defense Moisture Lotion, it has SPF 15. I don't know if that SPF is enough for you though. I use this just as an everyday sunblock on top of my makeup which already has an SPF. But it's great for acne prone skin.

MemberMember
(@lutya)

Posted : 02/02/2008 10:43 pm

If you are looking for a higher SPF, all of these got the highest rating on Paula Begoun's website in the category of 30+ SPF that are good for oily skin:

Neutrogena Active Breathable Sunblock SPF 30

Neutrogena Age Shield Sunblock SPF 30

Neutrogena Age Shield Sunblock SPF 45

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

Coppertone Ultra Sheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30

I personally have used the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock and liked it.

MemberMember
(@xxy)

Posted : 02/04/2008 3:08 am

Devita SPF 30 for faces, all natural, zinc helps your skin heal

MemberMember
(@maddy001)

Posted : 02/04/2008 6:59 am

Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunblock SPF 55 is my mainstay and I'm sticking with it.

MemberMember
(@ladyc)

Posted : 04/06/2014 6:02 am

Can any one recommend the best sun cream for going on holiday! that will help me not to break out?

Many thanks