Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bosoxgirl

topicals after accutane

i am just about finished on my 5 months on accutane. i am basically all clear with the exception of scarring and red marks. when i am finished, should i start back up with the perscription topicals that i ahve? or should i wait and see if i start breaking out again? i'm not sure what sort of routine i should have after ia m done my course... thanks!

Wait a little bit. Depending how fast your body recovers, your skin still might be too sensitive right after the course to use prescription topicals. I would continue using a gentle cleanser and maybe a 2.5 % BP for spot treatment. That's what i do and it works great. I've been off tane for almost 2 weeks.

Wait a little bit. Depending how fast your body recovers, your skin still might be too sensitive right after the course to use prescription topicals. I would continue using a gentle cleanser and maybe a 2.5 % BP for spot treatment. That's what i do and it works great. I've been off tane for almost 2 weeks.

dont use anything after tane, ask your friends or family members who have perfectly clear skin what they use

most will say nothing, the most they probably use is a basic cheap gentle cleanser and moisturizer.

if there is no problems with ur skin, why try and fix it. go natural see how it goes

dont use anything after tane, ask your friends or family members who have perfectly clear skin what they use

most will say nothing, the most they probably use is a basic cheap gentle cleanser and moisturizer.

if there is no problems with ur skin, why try and fix it. go natural see how it goes

I hate, hate, HATE to say it, but I just ended a 5-month course on tane and, even though I was totally clear for months 3-5, after just one week of being off tane I'm already starting to break out again. I had a high cumulative dose and my acne was not severe. The good news is my breakouts are, at least for now, non-inflammatory and disappear within a day or two. But this just goes to show that even as great as Accutane can be, a lot of people still need topicals for maintenance.

I would also love to know what people are using. Retin-A made me uber oily when I tried it pre-tane, so I'm kind of hesitant to use that again.

a lot of my friends who have used accutane didnt need anything afterwards..topical-wise at least.

one of them cleanses with a BP wash...thats it though, and he has perfect skin still 2 years post tane.

best advice: ask the dermatologist.

A lot of people seem to come here before the doctor...i dont get why.