Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm just wondering what are the risks of eating junk food (or unhealthy food that isn't really junk food)

besides the fact that the cholesterol goes up, does it have any affect on the condition of my skin? or does it decrease the affect of accutane?

i'm afraid to eat chocolate and all those good stuff..

hello! my derm said that there is no problem eating this stuff like chocolate or others things, he said only not to eat what we notice that is making us break out, this if we ever notice something is directly affecting our skin.

some people have problems with chocolates, some with oranges, i don't, i ate a pizza yesterday...i didn't bother with that... i will continue to eat plenty of fresh fruits and legums and teas as always to desintoxicate my organism.. that's it... i guess accutane has this type of benefits for us... we don't need necessary to be obsessed about what we eat, just take care of your liver, the vita A doses, triglycerides... and i think thats it :)

i'm just wondering what are the risks of eating junk food (or unhealthy food that isn't really junk food)

besides the fact that the cholesterol goes up, does it have any affect on the condition of my skin? or does it decrease the affect of accutane?

Unless you have a food allergy that would cause acne, then food will not cause acne. I am pretty sure that has been known since about the 14th century.

thanks everyone =]

especially pedroalexandre

i guess i wasn't being very specific- what i meant to ask was if eating junk food has any affect on accutane?

thanks everyone =]

especially pedroalexandre

i guess i wasn't being very specific- what i meant to ask was if eating junk food has any affect on accutane?

I'm skeptical of the diet/acne myth. Even if there was a link, and the scientific community has consistently shown there isn't, an effective treatment regimen should override any impact diet could possibly have. If you eat a little bit of chocolate every now and then, or you have some fast food from time to time, certainly that isn't something you want to indulge in regularly for just general health, but it's not going to have some gross impact on your skin, assuming you're already treating acne in a way that works for you. I've spent a lot of time reviewing the diet/holistic forum on this website, and found it a little disturbing. Frankly, anybody who's going to cut entire food groups such as dairy/grains out of their diet in hopes of addressing a few pimples probably has bigger problems than just acne. Sure, it sucks, but some form of treatment WILL work.

As far as diet during Accutane is concerned, cholesterol aside, you're fine. Just be observant of how much vitamin A you're consuming and avoid multi-vitamins.

thanks again everyone

i'm just a little skeptical considering my face has been pretty clear thanks to accutane because i have avoided chocolate during the two and a half months i have been on it. now that my face is clear and i have about three more months, i guess i was just scared that if i began to eat chocolate again (not in large quantity) that it would have a side effect on accutane and therefore i would start getting breakouts again

thanks again everyone

i'm just a little skeptical considering my face has been pretty clear thanks to accutane because i have avoided chocolate during the two and a half months i have been on it. now that my face is clear and i have about three more months, i guess i was just scared that if i began to eat chocolate again (not in large quantity) that it would have a side effect on accutane and therefore i would start getting breakouts again