Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robot Ninja Pirate

Rice Dream Enriched Rice Milk

I haven't had milk for a long time, but I decided I'd try some cereal so I got this Rice Dream Enriched Rice Milk and damn it I'm pretty sure it's broken me out. I've been 100% clear up until now. Grrr....

Rice Milk is too sugaryin my opinion and not a very good substitute.

If you want a good milk substitute try Oat Milk instead

you get your oat milk soy free ?

one of the reasons I was using the rice dream was because its soy free but I preferred the taste of Almond Milk over Rice Milk but avoided it because it contained Soy Lecithin

Nutritional wise, almond milk/oat milk/virtually all "milks" has higher vitamins and minerals than rice milk, though rice milk is probably the most hypoallergenic of them all. Also, I would not get enriched foods; the vitamins used are always synthetic and wreck havoc on the liver.

And about soy lecithin...

"Unfortunately there is no good way to get lecithin except from soy beans. Luckily, there are no soy baddies in the lecithin. Lecithin is refined from soy so the soy stays behind. As long as the lecithin you buy is 96% pure or higher you're not getting any of the soy problems. Lecithin is lecithin." - Shelley Delange

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=320758#i

I wouldn't worry about soy lecithin, as it is usually present in low amounts (mostly in commercially made foods with moderates amount of lipid, such as chocolate; the lecithin acts as an emulsifying agent and prevents the oil from seperating from the product). While it's true that most soy lecithin is made from leftover "sludge" from processing soybeans, you can buy better quality soy lecithin as a supplement at any health food store.

"About 10% to 20% of lecithin is a chemical called choline, a water-soluble nutrient related to the B vitamins. Found throughout the body, choline helps maintain cell structure, plays a key role in the breakdown of fats in the diet, transports cholesterol, and provides raw materials for the production of certain essential substances. Choline also protects the liver by decreasing the amount of fat accumulation."

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/...ecithin,00.html

I know I'm off topic, but I just to reveal that not all soy lecithin.

"Ironically, the expensive soy-derived supplement PS is being used to undo damage that may be caused in part by the cheap soy in processed foods"

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/lecithin.html

edited about a thousand times because of grammatical errors, and I'm sure many still exist

That's true what Kodi said.

Lecithin doesn't contain any soy antinutrient or phytoestrogens (just like the majority of refined soy products like meat substitute, soy flakes and soy protein powder)

I think enriched products break me out too, I don't know why though. Just like I don't know why general multivitamins break me out, but they do.