Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Route17

Really Important! HELP!

Once in a while I've gotten a small pimple on my back, no big deal. But tonight, something very strange happend. My back started to hurt and I looked in the mirror and a HUGE white head had formed in the middle of my back. Usually if I get pimples on my back, it's near my shoulders. Anyway, I tried to squeeze it and I noticed it was really hard feeling, and it was really big. The space around the white head was kind of bulging aswell. It took alot of effort, but I finally squeezed it, and first alittle white, hard thing came out. I thought maybe it had dried, but then the normal white gook came out, and then.. here's the strange part.. A little greyish, black rock like thing came out! WTF!?!?!?!? After that came out, I squeezed the rest of the white out and put a bandaide on it. Now that I'm looking at this rock thing (I wish I could post a picture, but the camera can't focus on it) it's like smooth on one side, and then the other has like hard white stuff kind of coming out. It's very small, but it's just like a pebble. I don't understand. Does anyone have any, ANY idea what this could be?!!? What I should do? I just don't want it to end up being some kind of weird acne, pebble skin cancer, or something!

I just looked some things up on Google, and I read some other people's accounts of having something very similar to this happening to them aswell. Apparently it's called a comedone, or a super blackhead. I don't know, I'm still pretty worried. I may just have to go see a doctor if no one else has heard of something like this.

Hey~

Very vivid description I must say lol! I think it's probably a blackhead, super blackhead, etc. Because the blackhead was there on your back, it could get pretty large within a larger pore, just hanging around for a while, and you never saw it because of its location. So if it never got inflamed, you wouldn't even know it was there. You began to feel it only after it became inflamed with all the following gross goop coming out, fluids, etc. and it had the blackhead attached to it. Now that the pore is all cleaned out, it still might have a little ooze, and be a little sore and red, but I'm sure it will just heal right up, maybe with a red mark, but I'm sure that's what it was too. Good luck!

Hey~

Very vivid description I must say lol! I think it's probably a blackhead, super blackhead, etc. Because the blackhead was there on your back, it could get pretty large within a larger pore, just hanging around for a while, and you never saw it because of its location. So if it never got inflamed, you wouldn't even know it was there. You began to feel it only after it became inflamed with all the following gross goop coming out, fluids, etc. and it had the blackhead attached to it. Now that the pore is all cleaned out, it still might have a little ooze, and be a little sore and red, but I'm sure it will just heal right up, maybe with a red mark, but I'm sure that's what it was too. Good luck!

Haha, sorry, it was very descriptive, but I was scared! Thank you, your comment actually really calmed and comforted me. It feels alot better today.

Haha, no apologies for the descriptive comments are needed! If you read around the boards, you'll see plenty of them! Actually, because you described your experience so well, I was able to understand exactly what it was, even though I was SO glad I wasn't eating at the time I read it! :lol:

I'm glad I calmed you down though. It's hard experiencing things for the first time and not knowing what's normal or not. Now the next time you hear of such a thing... just think... you will be an experienced person and you can help with their nerves! :dance:

Have a great weekend! Ciao Ciao!

lol that was ver descriptive indeed! I liked it! Its hard to understand whats going on if someone doesnt describe it in great detail. Sometimes I do that well and sometimes Im horrible at it. Anyway, the worst that could happen is youd have to go to a dr and have it surgically removed. Thats if its cancerous. If its cancerous it mostly likely is benign and you dont need to worry :)