Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

umm so I've noticed my eyelashes have been thinner lately, and I keep noticing them falling out more than before

my hair is the same it's just my eyelashes

is this normal?!

will it grow back?!

Hi there -

Accutane shuts down the sebaceous glads, so there is no oil. Without oil, our hair and eye lashes become drier and are prone to breakage and shedding. I lost some during Tane but nothing major. Not like I don't have any lashes or anything. Pretty much EVERYTHING dries on Tane, even "down there". Lube up what's dry. Wash hair less and condition it more. Toward the end of treatment my hair shedded a little more, so keep an eye on it. Again, nothing like "gobs" but more than I shed pre-Tane. My Derm. recommended Kerastase hair supplements and Biotin to keep hair from shedding. Worked like a charm within a month or so, less hair shed when I'd wash and comb.

Good luck. Ask your Derm. for further input.

Yvette

Hi there -

Accutane shuts down the sebaceous glads, so there is no oil. Without oil, our hair and eye lashes become drier and are prone to breakage and shedding. I lost some during Tane but nothing major. Not like I don't have any lashes or anything. Pretty much EVERYTHING dries on Tane, even "down there". Lube up what's dry. Wash hair less and condition it more. Toward the end of treatment my hair shedded a little more, so keep an eye on it. Again, nothing like "gobs" but more than I shed pre-Tane. My Derm. recommended Kerastase hair supplements and Biotin to keep hair from shedding. Worked like a charm within a month or so, less hair shed when I'd wash and comb.

Good luck. Ask your Derm. for further input.

Yvette

hmm well I am taking biotin and my hair is the same but I really really hope my lashes don't thin down anymore

did yours grow back?

Hi -

I'm only 3 weeks post Tane, and though I didn't lose a lot of lashes, I did lose atleast one or two a day. I saw them on my face after showering. My lashes aren't as full looking as before, but by no means sparse. I'm confident they will re-grow. Honestly, I was more worried about my hair which started shedding a little more and my scalp really itchy in month 6 (of my 8 month course). I jumped on the bandwagon and took Kerastase hair supplements, which actually help both hair and skin. They kicked butt - I'm still taking them. Vitamin E is good too.

Good luck.

Yvete

I'm currently on my second attempt on using accutane, the first time after 6 weeks on 20mg, and I stopped because my eyelashes were falling out loads, started off 1 or 2 everytime I washed my face to like 12 falling out at a time. This really scared me too especially as I was really scared of my hair falling out and thought this would be a natural progression. However I didn't ever get any bold patches and they did all grow back.

This time around I'm taking 5mg of biotin a day, a b multivitamin, silica hair and nails supplement, vitamin e, vitamin c, flaxseed oil and an omega 3,6 &9 supplement. I'm also using talika lipocils eyelash gel too which makes them grow thicker and longer faster. I'm only on 10mg a day now and after 3 weeks not noticing anything out of the ordinary yet.

I would stick with the accutane, i've got a friend who pulls her eyelashes out when she's stressed and if you use black top eyeliner you really can't tell.

I'm currently on my second attempt on using accutane, the first time after 6 weeks on 20mg, and I stopped because my eyelashes were falling out loads, started off 1 or 2 everytime I washed my face to like 12 falling out at a time. This really scared me too especially as I was really scared of my hair falling out and thought this would be a natural progression. However I didn't ever get any bold patches and they did all grow back.

This time around I'm taking 5mg of biotin a day, a b multivitamin, silica hair and nails supplement, vitamin e, vitamin c, flaxseed oil and an omega 3,6 &9 supplement. I'm also using talika lipocils eyelash gel too which makes them grow thicker and longer faster. I'm only on 10mg a day now and after 3 weeks not noticing anything out of the ordinary yet.

I would stick with the accutane, i've got a friend who pulls her eyelashes out when she's stressed and if you use black top eyeliner you really can't tell.

only 5 mg of biotin?

uh oh I'm taking like 120 mg

is that bad?

Are you sure you are taking 120mg not 120mcg??? There is 1000mcg to one mg and in the uk the strongest you can buy is 1000mcg tablets with each one being 1020% of the recommended daily amount. So by taking 5mg i am getting over 5000% more than what I need but as it is water soluble your body gets rid of what it doesn't need.

youre going to turn into a beast! ehhhhhh im jst guessing. it promotes hair growth right? you Apeman!

haha ohhh let's hope not

I didn't really notice that much of a difference besides my nails got super long

youre going to turn into a beast! ehhhhhh im jst guessing. it promotes hair growth right? you Apeman!

haha ohhh let's hope not

I didn't really notice that much of a difference besides my nails got super long

yeah mine is 1,000 mcg, which saya 333% RDA, so i cut it in half n save other half for next day! :D

Hi -

I'm only 3 weeks post Tane, and though I didn't lose a lot of lashes, I did lose atleast one or two a day. I saw them on my face after showering. My lashes aren't as full looking as before, but by no means sparse. I'm confident they will re-grow. Honestly, I was more worried about my hair which started shedding a little more and my scalp really itchy in month 6 (of my 8 month course). I jumped on the bandwagon and took Kerastase hair supplements, which actually help both hair and skin. They kicked butt - I'm still taking them. Vitamin E is good too.

Good luck.

Yvete

where can you get Keratase hair supplements?

I was also wondering the same thing. I am in Oregon, USA. Is there a store that I can get the kerastase at or do I need to order it online? Thanks in advance...

So when I search for Kerastase Hair Supplements I just come up with shampoos, conditioners, creams, etc. Isn't this a dietary supplement? Can someone please let us know where this can be obtained? Thank you.

Try not to freak out and relax....maybe you stressing is causing the hair to fall out.....good luck

with the tane and remember to try and stay positive....

Hugs from Australia, Trent

www.heartbeatland.freehomepage.com