Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rian202003

Steaming Your Face

Hi,

I was just wondering that if you steam your face regularly with boilng water in a bowl and a towel wrapped round your head , Is it good in the long run?

I mean I know it cleans out the skin but would it take away natural oils and make you wrinkly? :think:

And does it make pores bigger or smaller.

The reason I ask is that I have to shave my face at least every 2 days and I steam my face for a good 10 mins before I put on the shaving foam and commence mowing the stubble.

p.s (oh and it helps because if i dont do this i get mega rashes + some spots on the jaw area)

ty

its helps sometimes, just dont over do it.

do it when u think u got 2 many clogged pores, not when u got whiteheads, cos they can dry up anytime u want.

heard if u do it alot u can get the red capillaries showing beside ur nose....u do not want that...trust.

What like tiny red veins?

Didnt know that, thanks for heads up..

Probably better only do it for less minutes and longer spaces in between shaves then.

I would recommend doing this before you apply a mask or treatment. I think it makes it more effective, as your pores are definitely larger than usual.

Guest Scarlett Skies

I used to steam my face every day before school for about a year! Now I have small veins that are visible on the side of my nose and on my cheeks. Don't overdo it!!