Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
x_ShAy

A question about diet and acne...

I've heard alot about sugar & dairy affecting acne but how excacly do grains & wheat affect acne??? I've seen some regimens where they wont even come close to it..

Sugar and grains raise your insulin levels which in affect creates hormones that in affect clogs up your pores. Don't quote me, but I believe that is correct.

Oh, they also cause inflammation which is the #1 root of most diseases.

Sugar and grains raise your insulin levels which in affect creates hormones that in affect clogs up your pores. Don't quote me, but I believe that is correct.

Oh, they also cause inflammation which is the #1 root of most diseases.

Wheat also contains gluten. If you are allergic to gluten (since you have acne, you very well might), then you will evoke an inflammatory response every time you eat significant amounts of it.

And inflammation = acne.

Everything Jen said was also correct.

I have to disagree that grains create abnormal insulin spikes.

Not even refined pasta does. But yes flour and food made with flour or refined grains create this problem but it's incomplete not to mention that whole grains like rice, buckwheat, quinoa, rye, spelt, sorghum and others don't cause abnormal insulin spikes but are actually known to improve glucose tolerance. I and many others are acne prone and sufferers but we are not allergic to gluten. There's only one way to be allergic to gluten: being celiac.

I have noticed that when I eat alot of white bread I break out (with inflamed acne) and cereal :( . I still wasnt sure how what i ate directly affected my acne so this week I tested it out and I ate sugary cereal like crazy, chocolate cake, candy, chocolate, milk and omg I am so incredibly broke out right now I am so sure its affecting it. But when I eat things like rice I see no significant changes...maybe I should try eating only whole grains??? and absolutely NO sugar and dairy.

I have noticed that when I eat alot of white bread I break out (with inflamed acne) and cereal :( . I still wasnt sure how what i ate directly affected my acne so this week I tested it out and I ate sugary cereal like crazy, chocolate cake, candy, chocolate, milk and omg I am so incredibly broke out right now I am so sure its affecting it. But when I eat things like rice I see no significant changes...maybe I should try eating only whole grains??? and absolutely NO sugar and dairy.

Interesting, because rice doesn't contain gluten. Cereal and bread do. So you are very possibly gluten intolerant, but you might want to check it out further before cutting it out of your diet, as that's really inconvenient.

Stick with whole grains in general, but if you're sensitive to gluten, then white bread would actually be better than whole grain bread.

Stick with whole grains in general, but if you're sensitive to gluten, then white bread would actually be better than whole grain bread.

Isn't white bread more likely to have extra gluten added as an ingredient than whole grain breads?

also wheat expands when introduced with water... imagine whats happening inside you AND wheat is one of the top causes for those inflamed bumps old people generally get.