Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkviolet31

ladies what bcp is best for acne??

what is the best birth control pill for acne? I am planing on taking diane 35 for my acne since some friends recommended me. They have glowing skin becuase of this pill. what do you think and how long to see results with bcp. everybody gets initial breakouts or just a few with bcp?

My doctor prescribes zovia for people with acne or other issues. She gave it to me when I asked about hirsutism and it's helping with that. (My skin was already clear. see sig) Could be because diane isn't available here. Zovia is the same thing as Demulan.

Also, you should ask under the subforum on prescription meds where they discuss hormonal treatments.

My doctor prescribes zovia for people with acne or other issues. She gave it to me when I asked about hirsutism and it's helping with that. (My skin was already clear. see sig) Could be because diane isn't available here. Zovia is the same thing as Demulan.

Also, you should ask under the subforum on prescription meds where they discuss hormonal treatments.

I've been on quite a few bcps, and I really like the one I'm on now- Apri, which is the generic of Desogen. I've had no initial hormonal breakout, and no side effects like I did with other pills.

My GYN explained to me that not all BCPs react the same way for everyone. It depends on the way your body reacts to the certain hormones in the BCP. So what clears my skin, may cause you to gain 20lbs and break out. What clears your skin may make me moody and miserable. Basically, it is trial and error finding what does and doesn't work with your body.

For what it is worth, I am on Femcom right now and it has been helping with my skin.

hi to you all,, im 22

i had used dian35 for a whole year when i was 19 because i had a small hormonal emmbalance,, the good news:-

1-the acne was almost gone i used to have on my face,back,few on my thighs. all disapeared from my body rarly i had on my face.:):)

2- body hair was verry much less than before! :):)

side affects:

i had cellulite allthough my doctor told me that there are no side afects what so ever from dian35!!!!!!!! i never had it before allthough i didnt gain weight!! :(:(:(

i stopped taking the pills,, now everything is back :((and the cellulite didnt go away!!!

i dont know what to do !!

i want a birth control pill that doesnt cause cellulite !!the bottom line is that bcw side affect varry from one women to another...

Over the years I've tried Belara, Orthoevra (the patch) and after a break of 18 months when my hormonal acne reasserted itself big time, am now on Yasmin. All of those BCPs helped with my acne, but for me Yasmin has had the least side effects -but I know friends of mine who have had mood swings during the first month, so I really do think the side effects vary from person to person.

A link that I found really helpful about BCP and acne was this:

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter225.asp

I've only been on it a month, and I have had an initial inflammatory breakout, but I think it's finally starting to resolve itself (I got it between weeks 2 and 4 of treatment). It's probably got more to do with a topical retinoid (Isotrex) I started using at the same time, as I can't really remember much of an initial breakout when I started Belara (although that was years ago, so maybe I've just forgotten).

Good luck!

My GYN explained to me that not all BCPs react the same way for everyone. It depends on the way your body reacts to the certain hormones in the BCP. So what clears my skin, may cause you to gain 20lbs and break out. What clears your skin may make me moody and miserable. Basically, it is trial and error finding what does and doesn't work with your body.

For what it is worth, I am on Femcom right now and it has been helping with my skin.

This is very true. The BCP I take is one of the most androgenic and is considered bad for acne. But it doesn't break me out. While a lot of the BCPs that are considered good for acne break me out. It all depends on your body.

what is the best birth control pill for acne? I am planing on taking diane 35 for my acne since some friends recommended me. They have glowing skin becuase of this pill. what do you think and how long to see results with bcp. everybody gets initial breakouts or just a few with bcp?

The best for me at helping my skin was Ortho Tri Cyclen (not the Lo formula) or Yasmin. Those are the only two I've been able to keep my skin clear on, but I was on Ortho for about six months until I noticed a difference in helping my skin.

I just stopped taking one called Mercilon after about five months because it was making me really moody, which I never had before, and also during my period my face was like an oil factory and I broke out worse than when I'm not on anything. :naughty: So I'd defo recommend Ortho or Yaz.

those of you saying ortho, why not the Lo version? Im starting back on diane 35 as it cleared me up a lot last time but it made me really moody/depressed so i looked into pills good for skin and with less of the depression causing meds and it said to go with ortho Lo.

those of you saying ortho, why not the Lo version? Im starting back on diane 35 as it cleared me up a lot last time but it made me really moody/depressed so i looked into pills good for skin and with less of the depression causing meds and it said to go with ortho Lo.

yes ive also been wondering why not the lo

:D Hey ! From my experience Ortho tri Cyclen & Yaz worked great for my acne. Just be aware that it takes three months for your body to adjust so therefore you could have worse acne in the beginning (I did) but then perfect skin thereafter. I thought Ortho made me retain water though.

I hated Ortho Tri-Cyclin and it didn't make my skin clear. I had great results with Yasmin.

yasmin has spiro doesnt it?

for some reason spiro scares me

lol