Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

AHA moisturizer during accutane?

is it okay to use AHA during accutane?

if not, how long should you wait until you can use AHA after treatment?

is it okay to use AHA during accutane?

if not, how long should you wait until you can use AHA after treatment?

No, don't use it. Iwould wait 6+ months for a chemical peel after isotretinoin.

it depends on your skin, normally your skin will become very sensitive and can't handle AHA anymore, that's when you know u should stop using it...you can still using it for the first month when you on accutane....it also depends on what kind of AHA product you are using, I wouldn't recommend chemical peel, but if just AHA face cream, cleanser, toner, I think you can wait 2 months...

just my own personal opinions...You will know when is the right time when the accutane starts to kick in...haha..

it depends on your skin, normally your skin will become very sensitive and can't handle AHA anymore, that's when you know u should stop using it...you can still using it for the first month when you on accutane....it also depends on what kind of AHA product you are using, I wouldn't recommend chemical peel, but if just AHA face cream, cleanser, toner, I think you can wait 2 months...

just my own personal opinions...You will know when is the right time when the accutane starts to kick in...haha..

naww im not talking about chemical peels, just moisturizers with AHA like Neutrogena HSFL

i mean AHA is great for gettin rid of redmarks so i was thinking of using it after accutane

naww im not talking about chemical peels, just moisturizers with AHA like Neutrogena HSFL

i mean AHA is great for gettin rid of redmarks so i was thinking of using it after accutane

first thing first. don't believe what a product tells you.

now AHA is not a moisturizer, its an exfoliator, accutane its also an exfoliator.

im not sure what does HSFL means but i used one claiming it was moisturiser for the morning with aha etc, anyway it was very irritating, that was long ago before i started accutane. Now if you add accutane on the equation, there you go, you will start blaming accutane, and not the moisturizer at all.

first thing first. don't believe what a product tells you.

now AHA is not a moisturizer, its an exfoliator, accutane its also an exfoliator.

im not sure what does HSFL means but i used one claiming it was moisturiser for the morning with aha etc, anyway it was very irritating, that was long ago before i started accutane. Now if you add accutane on the equation, there you go, you will start blaming accutane, and not the moisturizer at all.

HSFL is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, which is a moisturizer with 8% glycolic acid

i mean i wont be using it during accutane, im just wonderin how long i should wait until i can use it after my treatment's over :(

imo, i won't use that one, 8% glycolic acid its very irritating. i heard the lowest one was 2% lactid acid. lactic acid tends to be more mild than glycolic acid.

and post tane , well you need 2 months to stabilize your system again, so it won't be near 2 months after finishing.

taking a closer look at your regime it seems you are using a lactid acid aha in the morning

and one aha at night. BP its also irritating while on tane.

i would take away the AHAs during the threatment, and the BP. use a on the spot BP from neutrogena it works better and only put a SMALL amount.