Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoCold

Taurine - Zero effect.

I have been through a bottle of NOW Foods (rated the most potent brand on many websites) Taurine (1g caps) recently, I was first taking 1g a day, then moved to 3-4g daily. There was no noticeable change my my skin tone or acne.

Any ideas?

Were you taking b complex with it? I've noticed there's a dose-dependent effect depending on how severe the acne is to start with. But it's possible something else entirely is causing your acne, I'd be surprised if it worked for absolutely everyone.

I'd also like to add for other people reading this, that the taurine routine is not just "pop his pill, and your acne will go away", it also includes a b complex to support the taurine, to ensure the high levels of taurine are not lost through the urine, and it also includes diet changes such as reducing refined sugars as much as possible. If any of those other factors are left out, I have no doubt that the odds of it not working go up a lot. My main point is, it's not just taurine, it's the whole system that I'm promoting. I can't vouch for major changes to it that end up not working.

I'm not suggesting however, that if it didn't work, you must have done something wrong. Some have devoted themselves to the diet changes and supplements, and it still did not work. There is no acne regimen to date that has worked for 100% of those who tried it, including the strongest drug available on the market for acne, Accutane. But the taurine + B-complex + low sugar diet has a rather high success rate of improving the skin condition for most who have tried it.

I just started taking Taurine (3 grams a day). And I'm experiencing some major detox symptoms...mostly nausea. I am taking B-Complex. I can't say what it its doing for my acne so far...but somethings happening. I haven't kept up with the Taurine talk too much, but has there been discussion on its detoxification capability. Perhaps this is yet another reason why it helps for acne.

Taurine plays a major role in the liver via the formation of bile acids and detoxification. It is the major amino acid required for the removal of toxic chemicals and metabolites from the body and is an essential component of cell membranes, where it plays a role in stabilizing transport across cell membranes. A deficiency of taurine can lead to electrolyte imbalance due to impaired mineral transport across cell membranes and this reduces the ability of the liver to remove pollutants via the excretory routes of the bowel and kidneys. Many people with chemical sensitivities and allergies have abnormally low levels of taurine. The inclusion of taurine in Support Liver is beneficial for the above reasons as well as for the antioxidant protection it provides."

I just started taking Taurine (3 grams a day). And I'm experiencing some major detox symptoms...mostly nausea. I am taking B-Complex. I can't say what it its doing for my acne so far...but somethings happening. I haven't kept up with the Taurine talk too much, but has there been discussion on its detoxification capability. Perhaps this is yet another reason why it helps for acne.

Taurine plays a major role in the liver via the formation of bile acids and detoxification. It is the major amino acid required for the removal of toxic chemicals and metabolites from the body and is an essential component of cell membranes, where it plays a role in stabilizing transport across cell membranes. A deficiency of taurine can lead to electrolyte imbalance due to impaired mineral transport across cell membranes and this reduces the ability of the liver to remove pollutants via the excretory routes of the bowel and kidneys. Many people with chemical sensitivities and allergies have abnormally low levels of taurine. The inclusion of taurine in Support Liver is beneficial for the above reasons as well as for the antioxidant protection it provides."

It really isn't a bad thing...the nausea that it is. I'm taking it with food. I'm also doing a an internal herb cleanse right now, so I'm going through a major detox right now anyway. But when I added the Taurine, I really felt a change. I'll get through it. My B-complex is 50 mg. On a good note, my mood has improved.

It really isn't a bad thing...the nausea that it is. I'm taking it with food. I'm also doing a an internal herb cleanse right now, so I'm going through a major detox right now anyway. But when I added the Taurine, I really felt a change. I'll get through it. My B-complex is 50 mg. On a good note, my mood has improved.

LiliVG-I saw your supplements that you were taking, and I was wondering if maybe that could work for me, and where do you get all of the supplements that you were taking...?

Yeah, b-6 is important for skin health for several reasons: It's indirectly anti-androgenic, and b-6 helps regulate blood sugar levels. B-6 deficiency has been shown to cause an increase in taurine and sulfates being lost through the urine, so you need it to be able to maintain high taurine and sulfate levels. That's why I've never promoted taurine without b complex.

I have been through a bottle of NOW Foods (rated the most potent brand on many websites) Taurine (1g caps) recently, I was first taking 1g a day, then moved to 3-4g daily. There was no noticeable change my my skin tone or acne.

Any ideas?

Taurine has had effect on me so far, but my acne is so unstable..

I've used it for 2.5 weeks now. The first days I noticed significant clearing, and my skin had not been looking that good for a long time. Then I got a massive breakout last Thursday (9 days ago), and as it began to clear... again I got a even bigger (about twice as big) breakout this week, and now my face looks like SHIT!

As I said, I think it has had some positive effect on me, I'll stick to it, but I don't think it's my optimum solution. FUCK! I though I had found it!

I'm trying to figure out what this is.. There's something fucked up with me. I hope liver cleanse helps. Those lazy people up north never get to send the supplies I need for the liver cleanse..!

Im on my 3rd bottle of taurine now, i'm going to throw it away after its finished zero effect for me.

I found a balance at 3g of taurine, but i had to cut out virtually all fructose and reduce my glucose, only the combo of the two cleared me 100% and keeps me clear. If i eat more than a small amount of fructose (even fruits) then the glucoses i'm having everyday causes me to break out.

I found a balance at 3g of taurine, but i had to cut out virtually all fructose and reduce my glucose, only the combo of the two cleared me 100% and keeps me clear. If i eat more than a small amount of fructose (even fruits) then the glucoses i'm having everyday causes me to break out.

Yesterday you said you have a spoonful of honey at bedtime every night.

Yesterday you said you have a spoonful of honey at bedtime every night.

I've used it for 2.5 weeks now. The first days I noticed significant clearing, and my skin had not been looking that good for a long time. Then I got a massive breakout last Thursday (9 days ago), and as it began to clear... again I got a even bigger (about twice as big) breakout this week, and now my face looks like SHIT!

As I said, I think it has had some positive effect on me, I'll stick to it, but I don't think it's my optimum solution. FUCK! I though I had found it!

I'm trying to figure out what this is.. There's something fucked up with me. I hope liver cleanse helps. Those lazy people up north never get to send the supplies I need for the liver cleanse..!

Didn't you say in another post you thought this most recent break-out was from a new shaving routine you just started? I tried doing a facial scrub about a week ago, and my skin got all rough and flaky and irritated for several days afterwards, my skin is so sensitive to being messed with physically, that's why I can't use topicals either.

hi yall..just starting with the taurine..just wondering, i understand u need a good b-complex with the taurine, now my question is..do i take a B every time i take a taurine?

i usually take a 50mg b-complex every morning. will that suffice for the day if i take a 1000 taurine with each meal? or do i need to take a b-complex with each meal also?? thanks!

hi yall..just starting with the taurine..just wondering, i understand u need a good b-complex with the taurine, now my question is..do i take a B every time i take a taurine?

i usually take a 50mg b-complex every morning. will that suffice for the day if i take a 1000 taurine with each meal? or do i need to take a b-complex with each meal also?? thanks!