Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've decided to try the ACV. Now, I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere in the vast area of messageboards, but I'm too busy to go looking for it.

Do I apply the ACV ALL OVER my face, or just on the acne-affected areas? Seems like a stupid question, but I don't want to make things worse than they already are. :(

Whether or not you apply it all over your face of just acne-prone areas is up to you. ACV can help exfoliate skin, so you might want to apply it to your whole face for that reason.

I'd leave it on, unless you feel the need to wash it off. I don't know how effective it would be if washed off.

Not that I have used ACV much topically but I know that you should dilute it first. Ratio 1:8, and you can increase it after you get used to it for a while.. That's what I've read.

Thanks guys...I appreciate your help.

One more question: should I apply the ACV before or after moisturizing? If before, how long do I wait to moisturize?

Yes, as stated above try diluting ACV with water first. Experiment with ratio. You can apply it all over the face and acne prone areas. Some people take it internally as well, it's posted more on the Holisitic board.

As far as applying before/after moisturizers I'd say B4. I'd wait until the skin settles down, so a time frame depends on your skin's reaction to the ACV. In other words, what happens with ACV in me is it briefly turns my skin a whiter color while its penetrating, I wait for that to wear off and then apply anything on top of it. In me it takes 15-20 minutes to return to a more normal state, but in you (and depending on your dilution) it could be a different time. Make sense?

Another thing I ususally recommend to people is Dickinson's witchhazel as a nondrying astringent and toner applied after cleansing. I was really surprised by the results. Good luck! :D

Thanks for the help! Yes, I've been diluting it. I started out with a 50/50 ratio, but I upped it to 2:1 (ACV to H2O) after I realized that my face could handle it.

Okay...well, when I feel like my face has absorbed about as much as it can, I'll put moisturizer on. That seems like a pretty safe bet, I think.

Thanks for the other suggestion too...I'll have to look into that. :):)

If you can do 2:1 then do it. I found it too strong. I always used taste to determine when I should stop adding water. It really dried out my skin... helped me shed allota skin, but didn't do much else for me.

Yeah, it seems to be doing more as a spot treatment than anything right now, which is fine with me. I'm not sensitive to a lot of things, so I think I can handle the 2:1 fine. I just use the cap to measure it out though (I use a 1 oz. bowl to hold it).

It's definitely an exfoliator - I agree with that!! :)

just watch out.. you may possibly have a little flare up or breakout from it.

this always happens to me when i add something different to my regimen.

use it very gradually..

for awhile i actually drank ACV.. 2-4 tablespoons a day.

ACV is good at cleansing your body.. and can even help you lose weight (ya it will make you to go the bathroom) if you drink it internally.

I know the taste is bad.. but it can help cleanse your body and help your overall complexion.

I did this but couldn't keep up with drinking it for so long and gave up.

It did improve my skin A BIT. but not overall

hope it works out! :)

One thing that hasn't been noted about ACV taken internally is that it helps digestion by putting more acid in the stomach. Some people suffer from acne in part because of digestion problems and/or slow evacuations. That's why you'll read a lot about ACV internally, Betaine HCL, and fiber and enemas as acne treatments. This might be something to take note of for yourself. More info on the Holistic board as well. Good luck. :)