Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deleo

Breakthrough Version of the Fraxel Announced

Does anyone have any details on the new fraxel laser that is being introduced at the Dermatology conference this coming week. I have seen on a couple of news sites that are calling it a major breakthrough for skin resurfacing, especially with wrinkles. They say it could be in dermo offices very soon, but it is a very expensive machine to buy, so it could be limited. I would imagine this will have major implications for acne scarring as well.

heh. this is the fraxel re:pair which has been out for months and discussed many times on here.

u have to understand something about relaint-tech. they are the market leader in fractional resurfacing. one of the ways they do this is by constantly forcing progress. sometimes its really nothing more than a press release.

i wouldnt even be suprised if they have a schedule where they are trying to make one progressive press release/market advance a month.

they realize there is now lots of competition from fractional laser devices so they are trying to stay ahead.

the re:pair has been out for several months and has been available to clinical researchers for over a year or two.